Lista winnt@man.lodz.pl
[Lista archiwów] [Inne Listy]

Re: [WINNT] USB HDD zewn. 2.5" 3TB pod Win XP 32-bit - jak?

To: winnt@man.lodz.pl
Subject: Re: [WINNT] USB HDD zewn. 2.5" 3TB pod Win XP 32-bit - jak?
From: ąćęłńóśźż <nie@dla.spamerow>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:47:42 +0100
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/006125en

"Our new Expansion drives come out of the box partitioned GPT, but our older
line of Expansion drives came partitioned out of the box MBR; there was no size
limitation with any operating system, even Windows XP. We were able to do this
because these drives came with 4K sector sizes and a special bridge card
installed on them to get past the 2.2TB limitation. We stopped manufacturing
these drives this way, because Windows XP is no longer a supported operating
system, additionally the current Expansion drives enable Windows 7 users to use
them with the Windows 7 Image Backup program.

  a.. So in short, the newer model of Expansion drives will not work without
size limitation on Windows XP 32-bit and the older models of the Expansion
drive will."
<Pop. w Wątku] Aktualny Wątek [Nast. w Wątku>