Re: Obalam mit TePSY - dobroczyncy ludzkosci

Autor: Jaroslaw Rafa (RAJ_at_inf.wsp.krakow.pl)
Data: Wed 13 Jan 1999 - 22:34:23 MET

Dnia 13 Jan 99 o godz. 6:39, Moi napisal(a):

> ***Bardzo zaluje, ze przegapilem. A musialo byc calkiem niedawno,
> bo nasze ceny przestaly byc najnizsze od jesieni, a na
> wieksza skale - od konca roku.
Dziwne to co piszesz... Znalazlem jedno z takich zestawien - pochodzi z
Pigulek z 1995 r. (!!!), i bynajmniej polaczenia w Polsce nie byly wtedy
najtansze:

Table 1. Cost of 1 hour long *local* telephone call from your home, in
US currency.

City Country Peak Disc. Lowest price
Auckland New Zealand 0.00 0.00 0.00
Ottawa Canada 0.00 0.00 0.00
New York USA 0.10 0.06 0.04
Any place Australia 0.19 0.19 0.19
Sao Paulo Brazil 0.49 0.49 0.49
Helsinki Finland 1.04 0.12 0.12
Eindhoven Netherlands 1.13 0.57 0.57
Stockholm Sweden 1.16 0.58 0.58
Any place Poland 1.17 1.17 1.17
Any place Germany 1.67 0.83 0.83
Any place Netherlands 1.89 1.13 1.13
Any place France 3.10 1.55 1.03
Zuerich Switzerland 3.17 1.40 1.40
Any place Belgium 3.18 2.12 1.06
Any place(1996) Germany 3.48 2.09 1.30
Cork Ireland 3.78 0.76 0.76
Any place Great Britain 3.79 1.58 0.96
Vienna Austria 4.14 4.14 4.14

One may argue, that the same amount of money has a different meaning in
Poland than in the US, because of income differences. I have used the
available Gross National/Domestic Product (GNP/GDP) data (*) to
calculate the daily share of GNP/GDP per person (DS). DS is higher in
rich countries; the cost of telephone call as percentage of DS shows,
how big a hole in average budget makes a single, hourlong phone call.
Table 2 shows the cost of the telephone call as a percentage of DS.
Table 2. Cost of 1 hour long *local* telephone call from home, expressed
as a percentage of a daily share of GNP/GDP per person (DS)

City Country Peak Lowest DS ($)
Auckland New Zealand 0.00% 0.00% 37.7
Ottawa Canada 0.00% 0.00% 53.7
New York USA 0.16% 0.07% 60.7
Any place Australia 0.42% 0.42% 44.6
Helsinki Finland 1.47% 0.17% 70.7
Stockholm Sweden 1.81% 0.91% 63.9
Eindhoven Netherlands 2.52% 1.26% 45.0
Any place Germany 3.25% 1.63% 51.2
Zuerich Switzerland 3.36% 1.48% 94.5
Any place Netherlands 4.20% 2.52% 45.0
Any place France 5.87% 1.47% 52.9
Any place Belgium 6.73% 2.24% 47.2
Any place(1996) Germany 6.79% 2.55% 51.2
Vienna Austria 7.18% 7.18% 57.7
Sao Paulo Brazil 7.81% 7.81% 6.3
Any place Great Britain 8.57% 2.17% 44.2
Any place Poland 9.92% 9.92% 11.8
Cork Ireland 11.51% 2.30% 32.8

Pozdrowienia,
   Jaroslaw Rafa