Re: Korporacja Usenet

Autor: Paweł Krawczyk (kravietz_at_ceti.com.pl)
Data: Thu 16 Apr 1998 - 15:11:12 MET DST

Dariusz <gemnet_at_polbox.com> wrote:
>> spamerow naprawde niewiele osob podziela twoje poglady...
> Jezeli uwazasz ze podglady na temat koniecznosci zachowania tajemnicy
> korespondencji e-mail, niewyrazania zgody na cenzurowanie postow do
> usenetu podziela niewiele osob to wydaje mi sie , ze sie mylisz,
> albo zyjesz w swiecie fantazji, albo polski Internet/Usenet jest
> tak bardzo cenzurowany, o czym przyznam szczerze, nie mialem pojecia,
> bo niby skad.

Polecam wyniki ankiety które można znaleść na stronie
http://www.dgl.com/dglinfo/1997/dg970427.html

   One way that makes over 90% of surveyed Internet users mad is junk
   email, according to a new study by World Research. The San Jose,
   Calif., market research firm surveyed more than 1,000 netizens about
   their feelings on these unsolicited email advertisements. And
   respondents were not happy.

   The majority, two-thirds of all respondents, favor regulation of email
   to prevent the mass mailing of commercial email, spamming, as it's
   known colloquially.

   About the same percentage of the respondents rated spam as "not useful
   at all" and "bothersome" or worse. Less than 7 percent said they "find
   it useful."

   Junk mail is more than just annoying. If we remember last year's
   trouble that Philadelphia-based CyberPromotions, the best known
   spammer, caused America Online. The excess spam email crippled AOL's
   servers and caused almost two days of outages.

   "Email users are also upset because they actually pay to receive
   (download) the commercial messages," said Dave Murphy, President of
   Damar Group, Ltd. "And most users don't know how to turn on 'twit
   filters' to automatically transfer spam messages into their trash
   mailbox," Murphy said in a recent magazine interview.

   The AOL incident landed CyberPromotions in court, but that was only
   one of the related court cases the Philadelphia spammer is facing. It
   has consistently used free speech arguments to defend its actions.
   That was enough to convince a Los Angeles judge, who recently rejected
   a similar injunction against Cyber Promotions brought by Earthlink, a
   large Southern California ISP.

   Meanwhile, Cyber Promotions has released a software package called
   Cyber Bomber. The company said it allows one person with a 28.8 modem
   to send 150,000 e-mails an hour.

--
Pawel Krawczyk, CETI internet, Krakow. http://www.ceti.com.pl/
info: oferta_at_ceti.com.pl.  Home: http://ceti.com.pl/~kravietz/