Re: nadajnik Wi-fi na dachu domu

Autor: Michal Kawecki <kkwinto_at_o2.px>
Data: Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 13:03:18 MET

Dnia Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:18:48 +0100, gotar napisa艂(a):

> Michal Kawecki <kkwinto@o2.px> wrote:
[...]
>> tytu艂ami* (vide http://www.bioinitiative.org/index.htm) ryzykuje w艂asn膮
>> karier臋 zawodow膮 publikuj膮c rzeczy niew/iar/ygodne. I to tyle w temacie.
>
> Nie wiem, jaki mia艂e艣 kontakt ze 艣rodowiskiem akademickim, ale
> powiniene艣 wiedze膰, 偶e sytuacje, w kt贸rych s膮 skompromitowani profesorzy
> i ca艂e skonfliktowane ze sob膮 stronnictwa to jest norma. A nierzadko
> profesor, kt贸ry ma ten tytu艂 od 30 lat, zd膮偶y艂 na staro艣膰 zdziecinnie膰 i
> zdewocie膰, a jego kariera zawodowa jest ju偶 sko艅czona. O sytuacjach, w
> kt贸rych dla pieni臋dzy sygnuje si臋 co艣 w艂asnym nazwiskiem, to nie
> s艂ysza艂e艣? Je艣li oceniasz ludzi tylko po ich tytu艂ach to gratuluj臋,
> poka偶 mi jednak ich osi膮gni臋cia - np. list臋 zg艂oszonych patent贸w i
> wdro偶e艅.
>
>> * znaczy, profesor to wg Ciebie nieuk. Jakie偶 to wsp贸艂czesne.
>
> Tak, profesor ASP z du偶ym prawdopodobie艅stwem b臋dzie nieukiem w
> dziedzinie fizyki.
> Je艣li badania nad wp艂ywem fal E-M prowadzi艂 b臋dzie doktor socjologi, to
> wybacz, ale jedynie za艣mia膰 si臋 mog臋.

No to po kolei:

1. Pierwszy zdewocia艂y nieuk, kt贸ry oczywi艣cie nie ma 偶adnych osi膮gni臋膰
i kt贸rego kariera zawodowa oczywi艣cie si臋 zako艅czy艂a:

Dr. Carl F. Blackman is a Research Scientist in the Environmental
Carcinogenesis Division of the US Environmental Protection Agency. He
received his Ph.D. in Biophysics in 1969, performed post-doctoral
training at Brookhaven National Laboratory (1969-1970), and joined the
EPA in 1970. For many years, Dr. Blackman studied the complexities of
electric and magnetic field interactions with biological systems. His
work resulted in several discoveries including multiple effect "windows"
of intensity and frequency, and the demonstration that the earth's
magnetic field was involved in some biological responses to EMF, and he
collaborated on the development of mathematical models that are useful
to predict EMF conditions that can cause biological responses. He and
colleagues, Drs Ubeda and Trillo, discovered that the oncostatic
hormone, melatonin, can modulate gap junction intercellular
communication and partially oppose the action of known and suspected
tumor promoting agents to close this communication. They also
demonstrated that the biological action of melatonin can be altered by
magnetic field exposure. While at EPA, Dr. Blackman received research
support (1989-1998) through an interagency agreement from the US
Department of Energy. He is now part of a research group investigating
the influence of DNA methylation on the expression of tumor
suppressor genes.

Dr. Blackman is one of six founders in 1978 of the Bioelectromagnetics
Society, served as president in 1990, and as a member of Editorial Board
of the Society's journal for seven terms (14 years). He served on the
World Health Organization committee to evaluate the health implications
of radiofrequency radiation exposure (Environmental Health Criteria
#137, 1993), on a committee of the International Agency for Research on
Cancer (IARC) to evaluate the carcinogenic potential of low frequency
electric and magnetic fields in 2001 (Volume 80, 2002) and as chair of
the genetic studies group of the ANSI/IEEE committee that issued the US
1992 Radiofrequency Radiation exposure guidelines. He has also
served on the US National Council of Radiation and Measurement's
committee, chaired by Dr. Adey, to evaluate the potential health effects
of low frequency electric and magnetic fields.

Dr. Blackman is a member of the American Society for Cell Biology,
American Society for Photobiology, the Biophysics Society,
Bioelectromagnetics Society, European BioElectromagnetics Association,
and the Society for In Vitro Biology. He has co-author of 56
peer-reviewed publications, 22 book chapters, 54 invited presentations,
and 130 abstracts.

Disclaimer: Dr. Blackman has signed the Benevento Resolution as an
expression of his own opinion while on temporary leave from his position
at the US Environmental Protection Agency; his signature does NOT
represent the official opinion of the US Environmental Protection
Agency.

2. Drugi nieuk:

Martin Blank, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Physiology & Cellular Biophysics
Email: mb32@columbia.edu
Tel: (212) 305-3644
Office:P&S 3-342
Fax: (212) 305-5775

CURRENT RESEARCH

ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD EFFECTS ON MEMBRANE ENZYMES AND ON THE CELLULAR
STRESS RESPONSE.

Electromagnetic (EM) fields have been used therapeutically for
accelerated healing and pain control, but they have also been associated
with adverse health effects. To understand these biological effects, we
have been studying the interaction of low frequency EM fields with cells
at both the cellular and molecular levels. Our studies with cells have
shown that 60Hz EM fields induce stress genes and stress response
proteins in cells. The stress response is a protective mechanism induced
by many potentially harmful environmental stimuli and characterized by
the synthesis of specific proteins that assist the renaturation and
transport of other proteins. Our studies suggest that EM fields initiate
the stress response by interacting with electrons moving within DNA. We
have identified a 900 base pair segment associated with the response to
EM fields, that when removed eliminates the response, and when
transfected into a reporter construct, causes the construct to become EM
field responsive. We have also investigated the mechanism of EM field
interactions at the molecular level through effects on three reactions,
electron transfer in cytochrome oxidase, ATP hydrolysis by the
Na,K-ATPase, and the Belousov-Zhabotinski (BZ) reaction (the catalyzed
oxidation of malonic acid). The BZ reaction is studied with ordinary
reagents, so there is no problem of impurities as with biological
preparations. All three reactions show:
EM accelerates the reaction rate, i.e., electron transfer rate
EM competes with the chemical force, so its effect varies inversely
with the reaction rate
thresholds for interaction are low, comparable to levels found by
epidemiology
effects vary with frequency, and there are different optima for the
reactions studied: ATPase (60Hz), cytochrome oxidase (800Hz), BZ (250Hz)

These properties are consistent with the idea that EM fields affect many
biological systems by interacting with electrons moving during redox
reactions and also within DNA.

SELECTED PUBLICATIONS

Goodman, R and Blank, M (1998) Magnetic Field Induces Expression of
hsp70. Cell Stress and Chaperones 3:79-88.

Blank, M and Soo, L (1998) Enhancement of Cytochrome Oxidase Activity in
60Hz Magnetic Fields. Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics 45:253-259.

Han, L, Lin, H, Head, M, Jin, M, Blank, M and Goodman, R (1998)
Application of Magnetic Field-Induced Hsp70 for Pre-Surgical
Cytoprotection. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 71:577-583.

Blank, M and Soo, L (1998) Frequency Dependence of Cytochrome Oxidase
Activity in Magnetic Fields. Bioelectrochemistry and Bioenergetics
46:139-143.

Lin, H, Blank, M and Goodman, R (1999) Magnetic Field-Responsive Domain
in the Human HSP70 Promoter. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
75:170-176.

Blank, M (1999) Mechanisms of Biological Interaction with Electric and
Magnetic Fields. Plenary Lecture. Proceedings of Second World Congress
for Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine. Bersani, editor,
Plenum, pp. 21-25.

Blank, M and Goodman, R (2000) Stimulation of the Cellular Stress
Response by Low Frequency Electromagnetic Fields: Possibility of Direct
Interaction with DNA. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 28:168-172.

Carmody, S, Wu, XL, Lin, H, Blank, M, Skopicki, H and Goodman, R (2000)
Cytoprotection by Electromagnetic Field-Induced hsp70: A Model for
Clinical Application. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 79:453-459.

Lin, H, Blank, M, Rossol-Haseroth, K and Goodman, R (2001) Regulating
Genes with Electromagnetic Response Elements Journal of Cellular
Biochemistry 81:143-148.

Blank, M and Soo, L (2001) Electromagnetic Acceleration of Electron
Transfer Reactions. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 81: 278-283.

Blank, M and Soo, L (2001) Optimal Frequencies in Magnetic Field
Acceleration of Cytochrome Oxidase and Na,K-ATPase Reactions.
Bioelectrochemistry 53: 171-174.

Blank, M and Goodman, R (2001) Electromagnetic Initiation of
Transcription at Specific DNA Sites. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry
81: 689-692.

Goodman, R and Blank, M (2002) Insights into Electromagnetic Interaction
Mechanisms. Journal of Cellular Physiology 192:16-22.

Blank, M and Goodman, R (2002) Interaction of Weak Low Frequency
Electromagnetic Fields with DNA: Mechanism and Biomedical Applications.
IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 30: 1497-1500.

Weisbrot, D, Lin, H, Ye, L, Blank, M and Goodman, R (2003) Effects of
Mobile Phone Radiation on Reproduction and Development in Drosophila
melanogaster. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 89: 48-55.

Blank, M and Soo, L (2003) Electromagnetic acceleration of
Belousov-Zhabotinski reaction. Bioelectrochemistry 61: 93-97.Blank, M
and Goodman, R (2003) Stress Protein Synthesis and Enzyme Reactions are
Stimulated by Electromagnetic Fields. In Magnetotherapy: Potential
Therapeutic Benefits and Adverse Effects. MJ McLean, S Engstr锟絤, RR
Holcomb (eds), Floating Gallery Press, New York, pp. 19-28.

Blank, M and Goodman, R (2004) Initial interactions in electromagnetic
field-induced biosynthesis. Journal of Cellular Physiology 199:359-363.

Blank, M and Goodman, R (2004) A biological guide for electromagnetic
safety: The stress response. Bioelectromagnetics, 25(8):642-646.

Blank M (2005) A proposed explanation for effects of electric and
magnetic fields on the Na,K-ATPase in terms of interactions with
electrons. Bioelectromagnetics 26(8):591-597.

3. Trzeci nieuk:

Michael Kundi

He was born 1950 in Vienna. Studied Psychology, Medicine and Mathematics
at the University of Vienna and got his PhD at the University of Vienna
in 1979 and obtained his habilitation in Epidemiology and Occupational
Health from the Medical University of Vienna in 1989. He is since 2004
head of the Institute of Environmental Health of the Medical University
of Vienna. His research covers the whole range of epidemiological,
clinical, field and laboratory experimental studies of environmental and
occupational factors. He has published about 200 articles in
peer-reviewed journals. Main research interests in the past years are
health effects of particulate matter, indoor pollutants and
electromagnetic fields.
[...]

Starczy czy mam dalej cytowa膰?

--