Re: ST340810A (Seagate U6 40GB 5400)

Autor: sg (alkor-si_at_NOSPAM.wp.pl)
Data: Sat 28 Jun 2003 - 21:22:07 MET DST

Użytkownik "Tequila" <marcin_tekieli_at_go2.pl> napisał w wiadomości
> Jezeli SpeedFan pokazuje fitness 40% to co to oznacza?

Że dla Seagatów tak pokazuje. :)

<cytat ostatniego akapitu rozdziału 'About SMART values
z helpa Speedfana>

Linearity in approaching the threshold level is unclear.
I assume that, but it's my way of interpreting those info
(I had to interpret it some way, didn't I? :-)). According
to all the reports I've received, there are, for example,
SEAGATE hard disks that report a very poor RAW READ ERROR
RATE attribute, leading to a low WORST value and, according
to the flags set for this attribute by the manufacturer, to
a low FITNESS index. I can tell you little more. This happens
even for brand new hard disks from this manufacturer. If you
happen to discover more, feel free to let me know :-)

--
Pozdrawiam,          "It doesn't think. It doesn't feel.
Sławek                          It doesn't laugh or cry.