Re: via+ide/udma=problem?

Autor: mizs (mizs_at_radiohead.neostrada.pl)
Data: Sat 05 May 2001 - 22:58:14 MET DST

"Tomasz Bryja" <tommyREMOVEIT_at_post.pl> wrote in message
> Wiesz, przy ostatniej reinstalacji wogole zrezygnowalem z sp,
zainstalowalem
> natomiast 4in1 w wersji 4.30 -- poprzednio przy instalacji sterownikow do
dysku
> wysypywal sie caly system. Teraz poszlo gladko, czekam wiec, co bedzie
dalej ;)

Z tego co wiem (i przygladalem sie datom plikow) 4.30 sa identyczne z 4.29,
przynajmniej w momencie ich zakladania ;> Roznia sie jedynie mozliwosci
odinstalowania via ide miniport driver (jesli byl on wczesniej *osobno*
zalozony), i do tego cytacik ;>

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/viachipsets/

IDE BusMaster Driver

This driver is in fact divided into two independent parts, the both parts
are interchangeable. The VIA 4-in-1 Drivers features only one variant - the
VSD (Vendor Support Driver), in case of a separate packet - VIA IDE
BusMaster Driver use can choose between the aforementioned VSD and a full
value Miniport Driver (VXD). The VSD is a driver which works together with a
universal Windows driver for all IDE BusMaster controllers, while the
Miniport Driver completely replaces a standard Windows driver.

VIA looks at it this way: VSD-drivers provides the best compatibility with
all IDE/EIDE/ATAPI devices while the Miniport Driver is a bit faster but can
appear to be incompatible with some definite storage devices. The 4-in-1
Drivers Pack includes only VSD variant as a solution for everybody, and if
you are an advanced user I recommend you to set the Miniport Driver from a
separate distributive disc. On the whole the both drivers serve for correct
usage of "speed" modes of data transfer which are supported by the IDE
controller integrated in the south bridge (Ultra ATA/66/100).

pozdrawiam,

pawel