Re: AMD k6-2 czy taki dobry ?

Autor: alacak (puk_at_unet.pl)
Data: Thu 13 Jan 2000 - 23:55:14 MET

> Bo na dobrej płycie tak jest -- mój <powstań>Asus P55T2P4</powstań> :)
> niedawno dostał nowy BIOS obsługujący CXT i teraz wystarczy dorobić
> do takiej płyty zworkę BF2, aby mieć obsługę wszystkich możliwych
> K6-2 i K6-3. Niestety inni producenci nie wypuszczają nowych BIOSów
> do starszych płyt i robi się problem...

FIC tez wypuszcza.

Co do testu pamieci Sandry to Panowie czytajcie FAQ'i

"Q: My AMD K6/K6-2 or Cyrix 6x86/MX/MII CPU gets a very low memory index.
Why?
A: These CPUs have large and fast L1 (internal) caches but the L2 caches are
on the mainboard and run at FSB speed, unlike PII/Celeron where the L2 cache
runs at 1/2 and full CPU speed. In most cases the caches also run in
Write-Through mode, which slows down writes to memory appreciably when there
are many such requests.

For some reason these processors seem to be less effective than Intel's
design at the same speed when accessing memory. A bottleneck limits the
memory throughput to a certain level, making higher speed processors less
effective. While our initial tests using floating point instructions seemed
to point the finger to the non-pipelined FPU, our current tests using
integer instructions return the same result.

The benchmark is not optimised for Intel processors in any way".

K6III-400-450 (rowniez 6x75) chodzi jak Celek ~450, PII450. Amen
iP233MXX chodzi ...
Pozdrawiam
alacak