[Fwd: InterNIC News Service]

Autor: Gregorio Kus (Grego_at_RMnet.IT)
Data: Sun 14 Apr 1996 - 12:12:39 MET DST

Z wlasciwa mi (wielokrotnie krytykowana~) dezynwoltura~
(lub mniej eufemistycznie - bezczelnoscia~) znow pozwalam sobie
wyslac na liste~ ciekawa~ wiadomosc.

Grego

P.S. Dla niewiedzacych: NIC = Network Information Center, czyli instytucja
     ktorej poznanie (zasobow jej ftp i www servera) nie zaszkodzi
     z pewnoscia zadnemu uzytkownikowi internetu.

P.S.2. Uzytkownik internetu to ten sam facet, ktory w jezyku lamerow
     nazywa sie cybernauta, nawigator cyberspace, i pare jeszcze innych
     (rownie malowniczych) okreslen.

P.S.3. Jak zwykle serdecznie i goraco pozdrawiam wszystkich
     nawigatorow cyberspacy.
                 ^^^^^^^^^^

=========BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE=========

InterNIC has published the inaugural issue of its monthly news service.

The following excerpt is from the service's introductory message:

   Hello and welcome to the InterNIC News, the InterNIC's new monthly
newsletter. The InterNIC News has its origins in the "print-based"
NSF Network News which has been out of circulation for more than a year.
We hope that this electronic version will offer the same high level of
quality and provide information useful to its supported community.

   And who is it we hope to reach with this newsletter? We hope to find
a varied audience with readers from a broad segment of the global Internet
community. We seek to provide a forum for the examination of events that
affect the future Internet, from both technical and non-technical
perspectives. Towards this end, we seek to feature monthly interviews
of prominent Internet personalities, addressing issues that currently
shape the ways we each use the Internet. Further, the newsletter will
be a vehicle for distributing information related to InterNIC activities,
providing performance measures useful in metering Internet growth.
We hope to offer some insight into and assistance with navigating
the registry function, exploring tools and resources that support that
process. Finally, we will continue to highlight resources and activities
useful to traditional end-users, and will offer a monthlyfeature by
the Internet Scout, Susan Calcari.

---end excerpt

The InterNIC news is available in a multiple formats, details are posted at

http://rs.internic.net/nic-support/nicnews/

=========END FORWARDED MESSAGE=========

--
Gregorio Kus    Grego_at_RMnet.it                 Grego_at_cyberspace.org