Re: OS/2 Vs Java 1.1.8

Autor: Wojciech Gazda (gazda_at_fema.krakow.pl)
Data: Mon 22 Nov 1999 - 19:46:18 MET

johnsom7_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi, I'm attempting to install Java onto an OS/2 Machine at work but I'm not
> getting very far, and I was hoping someone out there might be able to
> help.!!! My problem is when I go to run the INSTALL program (for JDK or JRT)
> it loads netscape where you choose your language, I do this then another page
> loads and then I get this error message
>
> "Unable to locate or create Feature
> Install object. Make sure that the
> RESPONSE file for this feature is
> Located in the current working
> directory."
>
> Does anyone have a clue what this means ?
>
> The setup is
> OS/2 V4.0 type 0c
> On drive F (HPFS) have this directory structure
>
> F:\
> F:\feature
> F:\feature\Fisetup (Version 1.25)
> F:\feature\java (Where I have extracted the d/l archieve)
> If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful!!! I tried ringing IBM

First, is the F: drive your boot drive? There may be aproblem if you
have installed Feature Install using option /X:, where X: hadn't a boot
drive specification.

Second, if after installation of Feature Instal you have been restoring
desktop using recovery choices, every references to the Feature Install
in the *.ini files had disappeared. Therefore Netscape cannot create a
Feature Install Object.

Third, have you enabled _Java Script_ in your browser? Note that Java
Script is built in the Netscape. Only JVM, which you are trying to
install is external.

> about it but I got told they don't support OS/2 anymore.!!!!
Liars! They are only going to stop OS/2 support!

--
Wojciech Gazda