Re: OS/2 Vs Java 1.1.8

Autor: johnsom7_at_my-deja.com
Data: Wed 24 Nov 1999 - 11:57:47 MET

> First, is the F: drive your boot drive? There may be aproblem if you
> have installed Feature Install using option /X:, where X: hadn't a boot
> drive specification.
>
> Second, if after installation of Feature Instal you have been restoring
> desktop using recovery choices, every references to the Feature Install
> in the *.ini files had disappeared. Therefore Netscape cannot create a
> Feature Install Object.
>
> Third, have you enabled _Java Script_ in your browser? Note that Java
> Script is built in the Netscape. Only JVM, which you are trying to
> install is external.

I have installed FI on the boot drive now, but I still get the same message
when I attempt to install JVM.

When FI installs all that happens is a diag box appears saying its going to
restart my desktop pls close all windows. I do this and then reboot. Is
there anything else to be done ?

Javascript, Within netscape I have looked at the options and they are all set
to the default install values. The setting under security has javascript not
disable (i.e enabled)..

Thanks...

Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/