FWD: FtpServer v0.73 is available

Autor: Grzegorz Szyszlo (znik_at_avalon.wbc.lublin.pl)
Data: Mon 21 Dec 1998 - 11:28:11 MET

Zdaje sie ze gosciu zrobil kolejne poprawki do ftp serwera.
jest to serwer FTP ktory tak swego czasu zachwalalem,
i nadal zachwala. czad :) oto forward (z mojego priva):

////////////FWD///////////////////////////

Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 23:54:30 +1000
From: Peter Moylan <peter_at_ee.newcastle.edu.au>

The new version of FtpServer is available either via my web pages (see
signature) or from
        ftp://eepjm.newcastle.edu.au/software/ftpser073.zip
I'll also upload a copy to the BMT Micro server in the near future.

LIST OF CHANGES

Version 0.73
   More flexible way of controlling which clients may connect.
   Fixed an error in "cd .." from a directory defined by a
     link.
   Now restores original ANSI state on exit.
   The output of StorePRM is now more human-readable.
   User limit field added to PRM file format.
   The "welcome message" arrangement is now: Welcome0.MSG is
     sent on the initial connection, and Welcome.MSG and
     Welcome2.MSG are sent after login. (All three files are
     optional, and it is recommended that only one of them be
     used.) This is a transition arrangement; in a later version
     support for Welcome2.MSG will be dropped.

The main change is on the "security setup" page in the Setup program.
When you run Setup, your existing controls on client IP addresses will
be converted to the new format. (So make sure that you do run the new
version of Setup before running the new version of ftpd.exe, even if
you don't make any changes.)

This will be the last software update you'll get from me until at least
mid-January, because soon after Christmas I'll be going away for a
two-week vacation. I'll still be able to respond to e-mail until about
27 December. All the best to everyone until then.

Peter

--
Peter Moylan
peter_at_ee.newcastle.edu.au