Nowoczesny obraz Polski

Autor: Benjamin Chapski,Ph.D (chapski_at_earthlink.net)
Data: Wed 15 Jan 1997 - 03:29:26 MET

Moze ten artykul bedzie ciekawa dla panstwa. To juz
bylo pokazane w kilku czasopismach tu w Ameryce. Image
o Pol. jest b. wazna sprawa.

A CONTEMPORARY POLISH IMAGE
                by B. Chapski

This writer has been a fan of the sweet science for
decades. The most exciting pugilist I have ever
scrutinized was Andzrej Golota. As a
Polonian-American I enjoyed AG¹s colors,T-shirt, the
symbolism he presented. Mr. G. reached the
multimillion electro-global audiences.

Andy could have played the one-worlder
multiculturalist game. However, apparently he knew
that we are all extrinsically assimilated; mainly, a
person can be assimilated and still be who he really
is (intrinsically). Those in Andrzej¹s entourage went
so far as to carry the banner of the Polish nation.
Three cheers for them. The street folk could proclaim
that they had big ³jajka.² We¹ll note that their
testosterone levels might be quite high.

The slanderous propaganda against one of our own has
(also) been more than dubious. It was particularly
relevant to watch the cafe repercussions of
non-Polonians/Slavs. Despite media vilification, the
³majority-American² routed for ŒBig¹ Andrew. With all
this in mind, I would like to touch on the first
Bowe-Golota encounter and correlate the findings with
the second contest. The tools for constructing this
analysis are: (1) Radio, TV and newspaper
presentations; (2) Comments from the sports community;
(3) Personal observation in clubs viewing Mr. Bowe and
Mr. Golota ; and (4) Internet postings. A prevailing
conclusion will permit readers to have a more adequate
picture of today¹s Polish Image.

Prior to the first Bowe-Golota battle nearly all media
emphasized that Bowe would easily eliminate the
Pol-Am. The overall message was that Bowe would knock
the Polock out ³without too much stress and effort.²
The pre-fight imaging went so far as to make a mockery
of the Polish World. Evidently, film producers figured
it was okay to make Poles the laughing stock of
hundreds of millions. Besides, noted one journalist,
³Bowe was doing Golota a favor -he was handing him
$600,000. More money than any Polish truck driver
could earn in a lifetime.²

After the first Bowe-Golota match Wallace Mathews, of
the NY Post (07/96) called the former world champ
³Bowe-Gus!² Wallace had the courage to state Bowe had
a history of dirty ring tactics. Readers realized that
Bowe¹s record made Andrzej look like a saint; Bowe had
went so low as to hit Buster Mathis Jr. when Buster
was on the floor! So much for Wash./NY papers showing
their side of the coin. NE documentation disclosed
that ³for the fourth time the thugs in Bowe¹s corner
have turned routine post fight bedlam into all out
anarchy.² So,was our Polonian really that degenerate?
Perhaps we should take a second look.

Bowe-Golota I
Golota easily won the fight but was disqualified. The
blond Polonian missed an opportunity to earn several
millions in a World Title Championship. He also earned
the reputation of being the best white boxer in
contemporary society. Even Bowe¹s mother stated that
her son was ³beaten to a pulp.² Papers from Maine to
the Mid West concurred with Polonian periodicals;
mainly, Golota beat Bowe but was disqualified. Lastly,
an editor of a leading fight magazine confided in me
³that the so called low blow merely brushed Bowe...who
desperately sought a way out.²

Bowe-Golota II
The first fight saw Andrzej with his biggest pay day.
He made the same amount in one night that I have made
in my lifetime of academia, journalism, penmanship and
childhood labor. The second match saw Golota picking
up an incredible $3,000,000. That¹s right, three
million dollars. Golota had become the second most
popular fighter in America.

Nevertheless, the script remained the same. It was a
near panacea for making bucks. It was Black and White.
We read: ³Golota was lucky the first time around²;
³Bowe was trimmer this time²; ³Golota should be
knocked out.² Headlines and full page ads gave the
Afro-American a big edge. Journalists did, however,
concede that Golota was one of the most talented
boxers in the last 50 years. Right wing publications
reiterated that Andrew Golota was the best white
fighter on the planet. Left wing print stated that, as
a European, Mr. Golota lacked the quality that
Afro-American fighters are renowned for. Polonians and
Slavic-Americans essentially saw AG as one of their
own -both culturally and biologically. Andrzej gave
them renewed pride. It was more than possible their
generation could witness a Polish-American fighting
for the real Heavy-weight Championship of the World.

Round One
The announcers shouted that Golota: (A) ³Smashed
several punches straight into Bowe¹s face²; and (B)
³Made Bowe¹s jab ineffective.² Countless millions
were informed that Golota landed 26 major punches to
his opponent¹s 4 ! The TV staff insisted that this
fight was similar to the first. Between rounds Bowe
looked exhausted. His eyes were glassy.

Round Two
The referee saved Bowe twice. According to individuals
-of non-Polish heritage- if the referee had not been
biased, the fight would have been stopped with Golota
accorded a TKO.

Round Three
A lot of clinches. There were plenty of exchanges with
Golota getting the best of a fatigued but thinner
battered-Bowe.

Round Four
Over seven (7) rabbit punches hit Golota behind the
head. Yet, the referee did not penalize the media¹s
multicultural hero. The announcer went so far as to
insist that it was the first time anyone ³had knocked
Golota down.² In truth, he was pushed down and
clobbered with illegal rabbit punches. Bowe should
have been disqualified. Interestingly enough, when
Andrej threw a low punch, the announcer bellowed, ³He
can¹t stop himself !²

Round Five
The blond¹s corner man screamed: ³I want all straight
punches. No body shots!² Andrzej continued to hammer
away at a nearly defenseless Bowe. Golota knocked Bowe
down again. While on the floor, Bowe holds Golota¹s
leg. The action gives Bowe more time before a
sympathetic Afro-referee starts counting. Announcers
howl: ³Bowe¹s eyes are glassy.² Then, the referee
again saves Bowe. George Forman, a former world
champion, states that the referee is acting improper
and ³should make Bowe responsible for his actions and
force him off the ropes.² The Afro-Am. referee even
appeared to be practically holding Mr. Riddick Bowe
up!

Round Six
The announcers became ecstatic: ³I don¹t know how Bowe
can take it. He does not have any of his faculties at
this point.² Geo. Forman says: ³Bowe¹s punches have no
sting.² He continued: ³Bowe¹s just trying to stand on
his feet...I don¹t know what¹s keeping Bowe on his
feet !² Between rounds Bowe looks like death warmed
over. He resembles a cadaver on a stool.
Round Nine
Through some miracle Bowe staggers to the ninth round.
Both fighters, at this point are exhausted. With about
2 - 5 seconds remaining in this, the next to last
round, Golota has an unbeatable lead; he had nearly
knocked Bowe out on several occasions. Golota, on all
cards, is several points ahead. All he has to do is be
present for the next round -the last round. The fight
is just about over, the fans have seen one of the
greatest fights of all time. Then, Golota hits Bowe
below the belt and is disqualified. Instead of taking
a point away from Golota, the black referee, who had
saved Bowe earlier, indicated that ³Andrew¹s punches
were a blatant disregard for the rules.² The state¹s
black Boxing Commissioner agreed. Generally the
referee in such a situation takes a point away. In
this case, his only option, to save Bowe, was the
disqualification route. Thus, Golota deprived himself
of several extra million dollars, prevented the Polish
nation from having a day under the sun in a World
Heavyweight Championship. Andrew Golota became the
most controversial fighter of our time.

Conclusion
Polonian
A) Andrzej, who generally boxes with fighters much
smaller than the 6¹ 5² Bowe, would have been hitting
his normal-sized opponent in the abdominal region. He
was tired. His hands hung down and he made a costly
human error.

B) Majority folks on the Internet wrote that Bowe was
a punching bag. On Social Culture Polish (s.c.p.) we
read: ³Andrzej mogl zrobic z Bowem co chcial...w 8 i 9
rundzie Bowe nie wiedzial co sie z min...² Or, ³Andrew
could do as he wanted with Bowe. In the 8th and 9th
rounds Bowe didn¹t know where he was.² (Bartosz
Biernatowski, 12/15/96 - 12:35) Before the bout
millions of viewers were shown a baseball bat hitting
a fellow in the protective plastic cover of his jock
strap without any pain. And, yet, Bowe went to his
knees... What a manipulative coward.

Anti-Majority Media
A) The announcers again felt good at the Pole¹s
disqualification. One loudly capped his night off with
a so called Polish ³Joke.² He stated that ³Golota
speaks several languages. In each, he knows a few
words!²
B) The radio tells us : ³What can we expect from those
with Eastern European culture...²
C) The TV reiterated that Andrzej ³needs to see a
psychologist.²

Anti-Polish propaganda, linked the big Polish blond
with kielbasa in the first fight and Freudians in the
second. To the Globalists, who support Clintonites and
implement anti-majority rules -such as the recent
Dayton Accords- Andrzej Golota was a symbol of their
contemporary Polish image. Golota may have been
maliciously detested but he put us before the eyes of
countless millions. We can be proud of him.

If we lived in a real world, Golota would have lost a
point in the ninth round; would have won the fight;
Bowe would have dropped to third or fourth in the
boxing ratings; the world of sports would have been
turned upside down. Instead Reuters News Media
(12/15/96) informs millions ³It would seem to stretch
credibility to put Œintelligent¹ and Golota in the
same sentence.² Reuthers ends its image of the
Polonian sportsman with: ³I stupid. I stupid. I
stupid.²

Nothing more needs to be said.