Re: Jest jakis sposob na limit pamieci do 3.2GB?

Autor: Q <no_at_spam.pl>
Data: Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 14:32:10 MET DST

> co jest o tyle do d..., ze 3 x 1GB pracuje w trybie Assymetrc PC-5300 :/
> Jak rozumiem wolniej niz Dual-Channel 2x1GB :/

czasami wolniej, czasami szybciej (!),
ale sa to _porownywalne_ predkosci a nie "dual = 2 x szybciej";

stary artykul (2007), ale warto wiedziec:

"As expected, the performance difference between single channel and dual
channel DDR2-800 memory using an up-to-date Core 2 Duo system Compare Prices
on Core 2 Duo Processors is little to nil, depending on the benchmark - most
tests show differences, but they are really small. For games and enthusiast
PCs, we recommend sticking to high-performance dual channel RAM, because the
memory is one of those components that you want to perform best for a smooth
experience. For regular applications, though, it doesn’t really matter much
whether you run single or dual channel. Two 1 GB DIMMs typically are cheaper
than a single 2 GB module, but a single DIMM will reduce your power
consumption by several watts (which might just be more interesting than it
is important)."

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/PARALLEL-PROCESSING,1705.html