Re: MSI KT4V + Aureal Vortex AU8820B2 = zwisy

Autor: Wojciech Piwowarski (wpiwowar_at_mercury.ci.uw.edu.pl)
Data: Thu 25 Dec 2003 - 22:18:54 MET

Użytkownik "lukas" <lukasm6_at_nospam.wp.pl> napisał w wiadomości
> Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:04:47 +0100, na pl.comp.pecet, Wojciech Piwowarski
> napisał(a):
> > zewnetrzna karte dzwiekowa (przez kodek na plycie jest ok) i transmisji
> > danych na IDE. Czy ktos sie spotkal z takim problemem, czy w ogole ktos
ma
> > MSI KT4V i karte dzwiekowa na chipsecie Aureal Vortex AU8820B2 ?
>
> moze zmien stery do karty, a moze nie masz tez 4in1

Dzięki za pomoc, ale juz udało mi się rozwiązać problem. Chodzi o to że
AU8820B2 i wszystkie VIA KT nie lubią się, podobno wina jest po stronie
chipsetu karty dźwiękowej. Oto rozwiązanie problemu:

I did some fiddling with H.Oda's program WPCREDIT and I think I found a fix
that seems to work well (The one on
http://www.geocities.com/voodo21/athlon.html didn't work for me). I used
WPCREDIT to save the PCI device registers under Win98 and Win2k (I have a
dual boot config). After I compared them, I found that Win98 initialized the
sound card differently than 2000, although there were differences for the
other devices as well. Anyway, here is the hack:

Select the audio device in WPCREDIT. Change the value at offset 40 (hex) to
FF. (For me it was set to 80 before). Problem solved. You can use Wpcrset to
make the change every time Win2k boots up.

Works like a charm. Ran repeated chkdsk checks during audio playback, no
cutouts so far. When I changed it back to 80, the sound cut out after a few
seconds. It seems this is the correct solution. Try it out.

i to faktycznie działa !!!

pozdrawiam,
Łukasz Piwowarski