nForce2 czy KT400 ?

Autor: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_rubikon.pl)
Data: Tue 08 Oct 2002 - 23:30:52 MET DST

Zdaje się, że to pierwsze :) Poniżej cytat z
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=nforce2

While we've had some interesting experiences with nVidia's reference
motherboard, when we look at the whole nForce2 picture, it appears that
nVidia is going to have a winner in their hands. Not only is performance
at the top of the pack, but the feature set that nVidia will be offering
is simply unmatched in the Athlon XP or Pentium 4 motherboard markets.
Then again, this is exactly what we said with the original nForce launch
nearly a year ago, and as it turned out, the original nForce was not
nearly as popular as most of us thought it would be. While the nForce
delivered feature sets and performance above the competition, it's price
point and availability held it back. [ . . . ]
While our reference board was given to us in order to show what the
nForce2 is capable of, we are indeed concerned about the various DDR and
AGP issues we ran into during testing. We're expecting that nVidia will
solve their compatibility issues for their mass produced nForce2
processors, which are shipping to board manufacturers as we speak. We
would like to see nForce2 boards will have the same level of stability
and compatibility that was present with the original nForce.
With VIA's recently launched KT-400 chipset being a performance
disappointment, and the SiS 746 chipset barely registering as a blip on
the radar, nVidia's nForce2 has a good chance to win over many who were
disappointed with the first nForce. The nForce2 gives users some superb
new features to get excited about, and of course, is also the chipset to
fully support 333 MHz Athlon XP processors. If I (personally) were
buying an Athlon XP system, and finalized boards were available on store
shelves, nForce2 it certainly would be my pick.

B.

--
Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/