Re: Jaka długość kabla RS232??

Autor: Radek B (radekb_at_klub.chip.inv.pl)
Data: Thu 07 Feb 2002 - 17:17:13 MET

Bartek G pisze:
>Mam pytanie jak długiego kabla RS można urzywać od urządzenia do komputera?
>Bo chce podłączyć moduł z SDI do komputera serwera. problem w tym, że SDI
>jest u sąsiad piętro niżej i chce wiedzieć czy gdy pociągne kabel do niego
>to będzie to w pełni wartościowe. Może są jakieś wzmacniacze sygnału?

  The RS-232C spec. has an official limit of 50 ft for RS-232C cables.
  Realistically they can be much longer. The book "Managing UUCP and
  Usenet" by O'Reilly and Associates has a table that they credit to
  "Technical Aspects of Data Communications", by McNamara (Digital
  Press, 1992). It lists the maximum distances for an RS-232C
  connection.

  Baud Rate | max distance | max distance
                  | shielded cable | unshielded cable
        110 | 5000ft | 3000ft
        300 | 5000ft | 3000ft
        1200 | 3000ft | 3000ft
        2400 | 1000ft | 500ft
        4800 | 1000ft | 250ft
        9600 | 250ft | 250ft

Please note that "baud" is correct in this case, because we're speaking
of
the transmission line itself.

This is what Torbjoern (sp?) Lindgren told me:

  I have successfully transmitted at 115,200 with over 30m long cables!
  And it wasn't especially good wires. I had some old telecables with 20
  individual wires, and used 7 of them for transfer, and left the others
  unconnected.

  I don't remember the exact length, but I know it was something over
  30m, and it probably was closer to 40m than 30m. The unused lines
  probably shielded the lines from each other or something like that.
  The computers used were two PC-compatibles with off-the-shelf
  com-ports. Nothing fancy.

--
mailto:radekb_at_klub.chip.inv.pl
! Odpowiadając na priv usuń 'inv.' z adresu !