via apollo kt133 - smuty

Autor: ocicat (thee-majesty_at_space.pl)
Data: Sat 11 Nov 2000 - 01:10:52 MET

mysle ze to pare osob moze zainteresowac...

oto pare cytatow - opinii ssie Ci :

"I had owned lots of pc's and I was a real ASUS fan, everytime I take
Asus-Board - never I had probs
also with the K7V - absolute no probs (with AGPx4!)
(It was the most "rock stable" system I ever owned! / overclocked
800Mhz Athlon!)

And with Asus A7V - only probs! (these damn agp+I.E5.5 frezzes) I
bougt a GTS2 from Asus
(because I thougt it must work perfectly (same manufactor).
<...>
One mistake i will never do - buy a brand new board
like these Via DDR-RAM Boards - who knows what probs are hidden in
these systems!

(still) a Asus Fan... "

kolejny cytat jest dla mnie szczegolnie wazny, iz sam mam wlasnie ten
problem tyle ze z sb128.....

"
God damn VIA's southbridge chip

it makes some god damn Noise when I am running

SETI + Mp3 ........... with SB-live
"

a przeciez czytalem opinie osob ktore twierdzily iz im to sie nie
udzielalo..... moze nie sluchaly wystarczajaco dlugo, czasami dzwiek
jest czysty przez dlugi czas....

"it cant be correct that I bought a GTS2 for 800DM (=400$) the A7V for
400 DM (=200$) and then I must run the system with lowest settings! "

"well... read forums from abit users. They are having much the same
problems we A4V owners are having. It's not ASUS per se, it's VIA
chipsets and especially if they have onboard promise or hipoint ata100
controllers. Odd I've not heard one complaint from those that have
bought the newer asus a7v that has the promise chip taken off. "

   __
 "what is wrong with michael jackson?"