Re: Supernowosc ABIT BX133 RAID

Autor: ~~ Guybrush Threpwood ~~ (guybrush_at_interia.pl)
Data: Fri 15 Sep 2000 - 09:58:09 MET DST

Q: I can't get higher than 1.70v for my core voltage in the BIOS?

A: Most motherboards limit the adjustment you can change the core voltage
too. You can set the Slotket to a higher voltage if you are using one. 1.70v
for example, and the Motherboard will think the default core voltage is
1.70v and allow you a higher range of settings. Or you can use the BIOS
flash trick as listed on some of the Abit Motherboard sites below. I stole
this part from the BH6 site by Luke Carroll =)

- Set the voltage in the bios to the max you can get, i.e. 1.7v. Follow the
bios flashing instructions in Bios Info, but type 'awdflash /cc bh6_xx.bin'
to use the /cc parameter.

That is for an Abit BH6, but it works for other boards also. Just substitute
the BIOS version in where it shows bh6_xx.bin. Read your manual or go to the
motherboard manufacturer's site for more info.

 http://www.mindspring.com/~wfhillman/overclocking_faq.htm#highervoltage