High Speed RAM

Autor: Pael (pael_at_go2.pl)
Data: Sun 13 Aug 2000 - 22:30:19 MET DST

Z netu:
>64MByte and 128MByte HSDRAM
>The Enhanced Memory Systems 64MByte and 128MByte low latency HSDRAM
DIMMs are the fastest unbuffered >SDRAM DIMMs available. Low latency
improves performance in high-end desktop publishing and graphics
applications >particularly with UMA system architectures. The fast clock
access time allows unbuffered DIMM operation at 133 or 150 >MHz for
lower memory latency and cost than registered DIMMs

Co to te *Registered DIMMs*. Czym się róznią od unbuffered???

>256MByte and 512MByte HSDRAM
>Our 256MB and 512MB high-density HSDRAM DIMMs are ideal for the Apple
PowerMac G4 (Sawtooth motherboards), >or Pentium III Coppermine and AMD
Athlon systems using VIA Pro133, Pro133A, or KX133 chipsets. These
modules are >built from higher density chips (256 Mbits) which are not
supported by Intel BX-based systems.

No ładnie, BX nie obsługuje chipów 256Mbitowych , dobrze wiedzieć.

>If you plan to push your system beyond its designed operating
frequency, you must also consider memory bus loading. As >you run your
system faster, you may need to install fewer or smaller DIMMs to load
the system less. You must also consider >temperature control at these
non-standard speeds.

Ktoś się pytał, czy 1*128MB RAM jest szybsze od 2*64MB RAM, już wiadomo
co lepsze...

Pael
pael_at_go2.pl