Re: Czy SB Live value obsuguje dwie pary glosnikow?

Autor: Rafal (no-spam-rafal_at_unforgettable.com)
Data: Wed 14 Jul 1999 - 04:24:38 MET DST

Marcin <helperm_at_friko6.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Dzięki za info.
> Napisz mi jeszcze jak odtworzyć na SBLive! za pomocą odtwarzacza
> programowego DVD dźwięk wielokanałowy, np. na DVD jest ścieżka 5,1 a ja
chcę
> słuchać na 4 głośnikach; czy coś mam zmieniać w ustawieniach SB
(oczywiście
> oprócz wybranie 4 głośników) czy to sprawa dekodera programowego (czy i
jak
> rozpozna że karta ma podpięte 4 głośniki?)???
> helperm_at_friko6.onet.pl

Fragment FAQ do LiveWare 2.0:

How do I experience Dolby Digital surround on Sound Blaster Live!?

Dolby Digital is a separate functionality from Sound Blaster. Although Sound
Blaster does not perform AC-3 decoding, you can still enjoy surround sound
on your multiple speaker setup using the CMSS Movie Mode.

CMSS uses binaural synthesis to create surround sound by cross-talk
cancellation (using HRTF implementation). Since surround formats such as
Dolby Digital and Dolby ProLogic content have binaural characteristics, CMSS
is able to achieve the spatial effect when playing material that is encoded
in these formats.

If you are playing software DVD that has Dolby Digital content, select the
CMSS Movie mode feature in the speaker applet (AudioHQ). This allows you to
experience surround sound on your 4 speaker setup.

If you are using DVD Encore, you should connect the Encore to an AC-3
decoder to experience full surround. If you do not have a consumer AC-3
decoder/receiver, you can purchase the affordable DeskTop Theater 5.1 which
is available from Creative.

If you do not wish to invest in an AC-3 decoder, you can still experience
surround on your existing 4 speaker setup. Choose the CMSS Movie mode
feature in the speaker applet (AudioHQ) for a very cost effective surround
solution that allows you to hear your movie on four speakers.