dla tych, ktorzy lubia sie klocic o to, czy p2-300@3x100 jest duzo szybsze niz @66x4.5...

Autor: Jacek Fiok (j.fiok_at_zodiac.mimuw.edu.pl)
Data: Mon 31 May 1999 - 19:37:01 MET DST

"Now that number one is out of the way, here's number two: No matter what
you read, see, hear, etc, the 100MHz FSB speed isn't any faster in any game
benchmark, business application or any other Win95/98 app than the 66MHz
FSB it replaces (when the core speeds of the two CPUs being compared are
identical).
This is surprising to many, but let us reassure you that we've performed
over 2,000 PC benchmarks on both the 66MHz and the 100MHz FSB with all of
the Pentium II lineup, and there's no benefit that we've ever seen, save
for one of the Large Texture Transfer Tests in Winbench 3D 98. As games are
written to take advantage of larger textures, which will require AGP to
perform large texture swaps to a user's main system DRAM, then the
importance of higher FSB speeds will become apparent. For the rest of 1998,
and until the summer of 1999, there certainly won't be an instance where
this becomes a problematic issue. "

#1 (http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/celeron_oc/m.shtml)
#2 (dzieciol, jestesmy z toba ;)

pozdrowionka,