Re: Jakie partycje na 8,4 Caviar ATA66 ?

Autor: kaizen (skasuj.kaizen_at_friko6.onet.pl)
Data: Thu 27 May 1999 - 14:21:05 MET DST

Airwolf wrote:

> >Na stronie seagate piszą że tak. Taki kabelek ma oznaczone końcówki (nie
> >tak jak zwykłe) i jest istotni w którą stronę podpinasz
>
> Może wyjaśnisz? Ja mam standardowy, najnormalniejszy kabel i wszystko działa
> ok.

Mi też chodzi ok (tylko że na udma2), ale na stronie seagate w FAQ stoi
napisane:

Is Ultra ATA/66 backward compatible with my current Ultra ATA/33 system?
[...]
The Ultra ATA/66 protocol and commands are designed to be compatible
with existing ATA (IDE) devices and systems. Although a new 40-pin,
80-conductor cable is required for Ultra ATA/66, the chip set pin
connector remains the same at 40. Hard drives that support Ultra ATA/66
also support Ultra ATA/33 and legacy ATA (IDE) specifications.
[...]
Why is there a blue, black, and gray connector on my Ultra ATA/66 cable?
The 40-pin, 80-conductor cables will support the Cable Detect feature.
The blue (end) connector should be connected to the system board. The
black (end) connector is known as the master position. The gray (middle)
connector can be used for slave devices. Although an Ultra ATA/66 device
should work fine in either the black or the gray connector, if you are
having difficulty, consider troubleshooting with the drive in the black
connector.

Pozdrawiam,

--
      Kaizen