Re: dyski hdd i TX

Autor: Lech Szychowski (lech7_at_pse.pl)
Data: Mon 11 Aug 1997 - 11:45:30 MET DST

Kuba Natorski <kantor_at_polbox.com> wrote:

: Szaleństwo. ostatnio kupilem sobie dysk 3.2 gb seagata i mocno sie
: zdzwilem gdyz moj dysk nie dziala na plytach z txem takze z moim
: (shuttle hot-565).

Cytat z FAQ do płyt ASUS TX97 (http://www.asus.com/support/mb/7.asp#7-6):

7.6 Why won't my TX board recognize my Seagate (ST33420A) IDE Hard Drive?

   SEAGATE REPLY

   PROBLEM:
   The Intel PIIX4 chipset is utilitizing the TTL standard for signal
   levels (3.3V), while some drives use the CMOS standard for signal
   levels(5V). The Intel chipset can receive input signals at the 5V
   level, but only outputs signals at 3.3V. This can cause the drive to
   not be recognized by the system. ONLY those drives using the "Arizona"
   chipset are known tohave this issue. The Arizona chip can be identified
   by the notation "SH7630" on The Arizona chip has been replaced with
   the Galileo chipset, which will receive signals at 3.3V, but continues
   to output signals at 5V. This will retain compatibility with older 5V
   based chipsets. The host systems chipset in question use the Intel
   PIIX4 chipset, identified by the IC part number 82439TX.

   SOLUTION:
   The Galileo AT Interface Controller IC, identified by the IC part number
   SH7640, has been released as a replacement for the existing Arizona AT
   Interface Controller IC on the Belize/Maui product families.

   The Galileo IC is capable of accepting input signals at either a 3.3V
   TTL level or a 5V CMOS level, but continues to output signals at the 5V
   CMOS level. This allows the drive to be compatible with both the 5V
   tolerant PIIX4 chipsets and still support existing motherboard/host
   computer chipsets at 5V input/output signal logic levels.

--
	Leszek.