16 MB lost ! - NT innocent,cause:motherboard

Autor: Pawel Szymanski (pawels_at_ue.eti.pg.gda.pl)
Data: Fri 17 Jan 1997 - 15:42:49 MET

I wrote Yesterday that WinNT cant see my new 16 MB RAM. But now I think
that it's because of my mother board. In BIOS setup - "Standard BIOS
setup" menu, BIOS see only 15 MB (total memory). It is strange because on
startup (before DEL pressed) memory test shows propely 32 MB RAM.
In service they told me that is because I bought one 16 MB in one firm
and another in second, and they don't want to cooperate. Tell me what
shit is it if i have one 16 MB EDO and secend is EDO too ? How moemories
can be different?

| Faculty of Electronics | tel +48 (58) 32-08-12 |
| Dept. of Telecommunications | Home address: |
| Pawel Szymanski | 80-124 Gdansk |
| http://www.ue.pg.gda.pl/~pawels/ | Nowogrodzka 50 street |
| pawels_at_ue.eti.pg.gda.pl | Poland |