Re: Odp: Re: Pytanie o 586

Autor: Adam Poznachowski (apozn_at_gdansk.sprint.pl)
Data: Sat 31 Aug 1996 - 01:08:50 MET DST

Andrzej Karpinski wrote:

> > A sysinfo to jak napisalem uzywal kolega, ja ufam bardziej MIPS.COM
> > gdzie srodowisko nie ma znaczenia.
>
> szczescia, zdrowia... ten programik ma ze 300 bajtow i guzik mierzy nie
> wydajnosc komputera ;) nie mozna ufac zadnemu programikowi, mozna natomiast
> spokojnie oceniac sprzet na podstawie wynikow kilkunastu roznych testow i
> rzeczywistym odczuciom jak maszynka reaguja na to co jej sie kaze robic.
> podniecanie sie wynikami jest niezbyt fachowe i niepowazne...
> karpio

Polecam do testow POD W95 WINTUNE. Uwazan ,ze jest OK !!

A to jego mozliwosci >>>>>>>>>>> .txt

--
           ^  Adam P.  ^
 mailto:apozn_at_gdansk.sprint.pl

*** Wintune 95 Release 1.0 (11/30/95) ***

Thank you for trying Wintune 95. This file lists
solutions to common problems you may have. Please
read it before posting questions. Thanks!

Wintune 95 is meant only for the release version
(build 950) of Windows 95 and for Windows NT 3.51.

============
INSTALLATION
============
Run SETUP.EXE and follow the prompts. If Setup
determines that some of the files are already on
the system, or if Wintuneis installed a second
time, the install progress bar won't always go
to 100%. This is "normal". Also, after the setup
runs there may be an empty button with no caption
on the task bar. Clicking it will make it go away.
This is "normal" too.

Missing DLLs
------------
If Wintune doesn't start and you get a message
you're missing MFCxxx.DLL, you do not have some
of the standard Windows support DLL files.

Under Windows 95, this may have happened because
Win95 was installed with Custom or Compact setup
options. You can nudge Win95 to install the needed
DLLs by installing WordPad. From Control Panel,
click Add/Remove Programs. Click the Windows Setup
tab and double-click Accessories. Scroll down to
the bottom of the list and check WordPad. OK your
way out to complete the installation.

Windows NT users, or Windows 95 users who do not
have access to their setup disks, should download
the file WT95NT.ZIP. It includes the extra files
you need to run WT95 under NT 3.51. They were not
included here because they more than double the
total size and are often already on your system.
On Windows 95 these files should be placed in the
Windows SYSTEM directory; Windows NT needs these
files in the SYSTEM32 directory.

=======
SUPPORT
=======
Inside Wintune, you can generally get help on any
result or tip by clicking the Tell Me More button,
by double-clicking the item, or by right-clicking
and selecting Tell Me More. We've tried to make it
easy to get to the help file!

As Wintune 95 version 1.0 ships, we've had more than
10,000 downloads during the beta test period. Many
thanks to the many beta testers who actively worked
to report and follow up on the bugs they found. We
still want to hear from you if you have suggestions
to improve Wintune, or if there's a bug that we
missed.

We'll be taking feedback and answering questions in
both the America Online and Compuserve WinMag forums
in the Wintune95 folder/section. Since many people
have the same questions, you may find your questions
already answered there.

Making a WTX file
-----------------
If you want to send your results to another user,
or send them to us so we can help diagnose a problem,
you need to produce a Wintune export (.WTX) file:

1) Start Wintune 95.
2) Click the Analyze Now button.
3) Wait until the testing is complete.
4) Select File/Export Current from the menu.
5) Type in a directory and file name.

The file you create is an ASCII (plain text) file in
a special format that Wintune can import into its
database. You can either attach it to a message, or
you can insert the text of the WTX file directly into
an email or forum message.

===============
System Analyzer
===============
* Wintune is reporting the BIOS information stored
  in the Registry, but this appears to only be set
  by Windows 95 upon installation. If you upgrade
  the BIOS or switch the disk to a new system, the
  new version info will not be reflected. Windows
  NT updates this info each time it boots, so it
  doesn't have this problem. This is a Win95 bug,
  we may bypass them and do our own groping in a
  future release.

============
CPU Analyzer
============
* Some 486DX2 and 486DX4 CPUs are reported simply
  as 486DX. This is because those CPUs do not have
  a way for software to determine internal versus
  external clock rate. Newer models support a CPUID
  instruction which specifies the CPU type.
* Wintune erroneously reports the Cyrix 5x86/100
  as a Cyrix 486DX running at 83MHz. We expect to
  get updated information from Cyrix on how to
  recognize their CPUs and will include it in the
  next release.

===============
Memory Analyzer
===============
* Wintune 95 gets its Installed RAM result from
  Windows (NT or 95). However, Windows 95 does not
  appear to count any memory that is used by DOS
  device drivers or the BIOS itself (e.g. used for
  ROM shadowing). This may cause the Installed RAM
  reported to be lower than the actual amount of
  installed RAM. We may bypass them and do our own
  groping in a future release.

==============
Video Analyzer
==============
* The true-color bitmap (Eye) has been removed.
  This test was the cause of GPFs (because
  of bad video drivers, not the test) and it
  caused a first-run variability because of the
  time it took to load the bitmap the first time.
  The "Video speed" result has been changed to
  exclude this test, so comparisons to Wintune
  beta results should be made using the subtests.
* Text is clipped in scroll test when running
  640x480 resolution; this is just cosmetic and
  doesn't affect results. We will fix this in
  an upcoming release.
* ATI has just released a new driver that doesn't
  conform to the standard method Microsoft has
  documented in the Windows 95 Resource Kit for
  installing Plug and Play drivers. Wintune uses
  this documented method to determine if you are
  using a Plug and Play driver, so the ATI driver
  is reported as an older Win3.x driver. We don't
  yet know who is right on this one.

=============
Disk Analyzer
=============
* Both the cached and uncached tests may vary
  by more than 10 percent on systems with less
  than 10MB of RAM. This is due to swapping.
  The problem will be worse if you have created
  a large Wintune database, so keep the database
  small.
* Some systems give an uncached result that is
  clearly not uncached. For example, the cached
  result on one system was 13MB/s but "uncached"
  was 14MB/s! This seems to occur with systems
  using DOS compatibility (16-bit) drivers and
  some third-party drivers. We're still checking
  this problem out, and would like reports from
  affected users.
* One user of an Adaptec 2942 SCSI controller
  reported an uncached number of 0.8 MB/s but
  copying a large file yielded a more credible
  3 MB/s. We're investigating this one and would
  like reports from other users.

=============
Apps Analyzer
=============
* Instructions for building your own app tests
  are included in the help file. Right-click
  the Apps node in the Details tab and select
  Tell Me More.
* Two testers have reported that the Excel macro
  hangs when run from Wintune, but works fine if
  launched directly from Excel. We haven't been
  able to reproduce this; please report to us if
  it happens to you.

==========
Help Files
* For modularity, the help files are implemented
  as separate files for each analyzer and a main
  help file. Cross-file references have not been
  implemented, so you need to start with an idea
  of what (video, disk, CPU, memory) you want to
  check out. Or you can browse all the help files
  by going to the Details tab; for each analyzer
  right-click the name and select Tell Me More.

*** END OF README ***