Re: FreeBSD w komercji [bylo:Re: Serwer WWW (Windows NT czy UNIX)]

Autor: Miroslaw Kwasniak (kwasniak_at_sun1000.pwr.wroc.pl)
Data: Tue 30 Jul 1996 - 17:18:13 MET DST

Slawomir Bialek <civic_at_silter.silesia.ternet.pl> wrote:
: Grzegorz Szyszlo <ZNIK_at_avalon.wbc.lublin.pl> wrote:
: >A ja na UNIX'ie (FreeBSD) i tez nie narzekam :)
: >NT - trzeba kupic a FreeBSD jest "free" :)
: >Tomek

: GS> Pudlo. free bsd jest free dla zastosowan niekomercyjnych. jak to kupi
: GS> firma, to chcac nie chcac musi zaplacic kupujac wersje commercial bsd.
: GS> free to jest linux :)
: GS> --
: jest w Polsce troche providerow pracujacych na FreeBSD...
: czy oni jesli nie kupili commercial bsd pracuja nielegalnie?

: slawek

Oto cytat z FreeBSD:

File: freebsd-faq.ascii Col 0 75448
bytes 12%

  2.1. Copyrights

  The goals of the FreeBSD Project are to provide software that may be
  used for any purpose and without strings attached. Many of us have a
  significant investment in the code (and project) and would certainly
  not mind a little financial renumeration now and then, but we're
  definitely not prepared to insist on it. We believe that our first
  and foremost "mission" is to provide code to any and all comers, and
  for whatever purpose, so that the code gets the widest possible use
  and provides the widest possible benefit. This is, I believe, one of
  the most fundamental goals of Free Software and one that we
  enthusiastically support.

Pozdrawiam
          Mirek