WARP is dead

Autor: Gregorio Kus (Grego_at_RMnet.IT)
Data: Fri 28 Jun 1996 - 03:59:28 MET DST

Computer Reseller News; June 24, 1996
"OS/2 Alive and Well. IBM's Warp has defied cynics and doomsayers and will
generate $1B in sales this year."

p. 37: A REALLY nice story on OS/2. Some highlights:

"John Thompson, general manager of IBM's Personal Software Products Group...is
focusing on sharpening OS/2's image....

Despite analysts' predictions the operating system is dead, IBM software
executives said they are ALREADY AT WORK ON A POST-MERLIN VERSION OF OS/2 and
are seeking to leverage other IBM strengths to its benefit.... [My emphasis -LN]

For 1995, Thompson said, OS/2 volume was up 27% and revenue was up 40% over the
previous year....

'We are concentrating on OS/2 as a mission-critical platform for developing
applications essential to large business and small business,' Thompson said...."

They're also looking at ways to run NT software, which I think is supposed to
mean that they intend to run it under OS/2, like WinOS2 runs win31. Just think
about that...