Koegzystencja win95 & OS/2 oraz repartycjonowanie HD

Autor: Gregorio Kus (Grego_at_RMnet.IT)
Data: Thu 14 Dec 1995 - 01:56:32 MET

Forwarduje ponizszy posting, gdyz daje odpowiedz na dwa pytania
ktore juz kilkakrotnie pojawily sie na liscie PECET.

Grego

==========================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE=======================

Subject: Re: Boot Manager Warp&Win95?

->Can someone tell me how to go about setting up Warp on a machine with
->boot manager and Win95? I have the opportunity to get to use Warp on
->my machine at work, but I need to have Win95 installed on it as well.
->Haven't played around with this on my machine at home yet since we're
->still unpacking from the move, so thought I'd just put out a call for
->help here. :)

Lori,
        Create 3 partitions, 1 Meg for Boot Manager, a Primary for
Win 95 and a Logical for OS/2. Do this using the FDISK that comes with
OS/2 and is available to use during the install. The steps:

1: Boot you PC using the OS/2 install Disk and Disk One.
2: Choose Custom install and DO NOT use Drive "C:" for the
   install.
3: Continue to FDISK and delete "ALL" partitions.*
4: Install Boot Manager and Create 2 additional partitions,
   One primary and One logical.
5: Set the Logical partition "Installable" (to put OS/2 there later)
6: Use the "F3" to exit FDISK.
7: Allow Re-Boot TO A DOS FLOPPY with MS Fdisk on it.
8: Run MS' FDISk and make the PRIMARY partition "Active" to
   install 95.
9: Re-Boot again to the 95 Setup disk.
10: Finish the install of the lesser OS (Win 95) and boot to the DOS
    Floppy again (with FDISK).
11: Set the Boot Manager partition "Active".
12: Boot the PC using the OS/2 Install Disk and continue the
    "original" OS/2 install.
13: 4 weeks later delete the contents of the Win95 partition and
    use the space for storage :-))

* If you have DATA on the sytem PRIOR to this project either back up
  your DATA to a TAPE or another HDD. If you can swing it, Partition
  Magic is a GREAT investment. You can resize/partition your system
  with out loosing data.

--
Gregorio Kus       Grego_at_RMnet.it       gkus_at_envirolink.org