AMD 5x86

Autor: AZ (piisa_at_ran.es)
Data: Fri 08 Dec 1995 - 16:33:13 MET

Czesc,

Znalazlem ten text na alt.2600 i mysle ze to zainteresuje wszystkich jako ze
dyskusja na temad AMD jest dosc zywa na tej liscie.

Pozdrowienia dla wszystkich
Artur Zakrzewski

From: plexus_at_earthlink.net (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.2600
Subject: AMD 5x86
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 1995 11:27:36 GMT

Hello All,

The following is text from a discussion that took place
between myself and David Frink, AMD Marketing Director,
about the merits of the new AMD 5x86/133 processer scheduled
for release in the very near future. This discussion took
place over the course of a week via Internet email.

This document is as the orginal discussion took place.
Only minor spelling errors have been corrected and the
text rearranged to represent the true chronological
order of the discussion.

I feel that AMD is trying to pull a fast one on the
public by calling what is essenstially an enhanced 486 cpu,
a 586 cpu. As a computer professional and a consumer,
I feel it is my duty to keep the public informed about
what appears to be a scam.

Read for yourselves what AMD's own Marketing Director has
to say about their newest product and you decide.

Sincerely,
William F. "Bill" Gray III
Owner, GrayMatter Software