Problems with Bigfoot

Autor: Przemysław Pawełczyk (warpman_at_friko5.onet.pl)
Data: Sat 11 Jul 1998 - 20:22:34 MET DST

Hi,

Be careful,

Warpman

> >IMHO Bigfoot is not what I will use or recommand people to use... from
now
> >on, only non-Quantum SCSI HDD will be recommanded... <G>
>
> I have to admit that the first generation of Bigfoot's were very
unreliable, but
> recently they have undergone some changes and have become more reliable,
this
> is after testing them with a reading and writing program that beat on it
for 3 days.
> So don't rule them out totally

We're Compaq authorized. We have a lot of Deskpro's come through with
Bigfoot drives failed. We've probably replaced 100 of them over the
last 6
months. That doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.

Curtis

Curtis Maurand
Biddeford, Maine USA
mailto:curtis_at_maurand.com

Przemysław Pawełczyk (Warpman) Freelance journalist
Os. Centrum B 1/89 Tel/fax: +48 12 642-13-00
31-926 Kraków warpman_at_friko5.onet.pl
Poland http://friko5.onet.pl/kr/warpman/