Fw: [computational.science] Call for book chapter

Autor: KJ Hübner <hubner_at_iod.krakow.pl>
Data: Thu 11 May 2006 - 07:22:37 MET DST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sid Kulkarni" <s.kulkarni@ballarat.edu.au>
<computational.science@lists.OptimaNumerics.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:22 AM
Subject: [computational.science] Call for book chapter

> Sorry for the multiple copies...
> Dear all,
>
> Please find the call for book chapter for the book: Computational
Intelligence Modeling Techniques and Applications
> Regards,
> -Sidhi Kulkarni
>
> CALL FOR CHAPTERS
> Proposals Submission Deadline: 6/15/2006
> Full Chapters Due: 9/15/2006
> Computational Intelligence Modeling Techniques and Applications
> A book edited by Ranadhir Ghosh, Moumita Ghosh, John Yearwood and
Siddhivinayak Kulkarni, University of Ballarat, Australia
> Introduction
>
> Computational intelligence (CI) is an integrated science involving
fundamental and applied research that covers broadly the areas of
evolutionary computing, fuzzy computing, neuro-computing or various types of
hybrid models combining any of these. CI is rather an interdisciplinary
intuitive synergism between those and many more at the verge of computer
sciences, mathematics and engineering. Learning is an essential process for
CI modelling. A CI-based approach is mainly a black box solution for solving
problems that mainly consists of two major steps - 1) Finding a suitable
model for the problem, 2) Optimizing the model using the process of
learning. The process can be iterative depending on the acceptance level of
performance/accuracy obtained by the optimization process. Although the name
"black box modelling" is sometimes irksome among the scientific community,
it should be noted here that the nature of certain problems does not permit
a white box solution for solving the problem. There are many instances where
the system dynamics or its nature cannot be ascertained, but building a
model that can generate the same pattern as the real world model can be a
huge benefit in understanding many aspects of the process or system.
> The Overall Objective of the Book
> This book will address state-of-the art solutions for many real-world
problems in business, science and the engineering domain. It delivers a
highly-readable and fully-systematic approach with a clear, sound and
comprehensive analysis and design practices, using CI for modelling and
solving in areas such as computer vision, manufacturing, business,
information retrieval, biology and robotics. This book provides state-of-the
art solutions in many domains, each containing selected cutting-edge
modelling solutions for those areas. Through reading various CI modelling
techniques in a variety of real-world applications, the reader will find the
rationale of such approaches, as well as a good grasp of this emerging and
exciting field. We believe that this book will further enhance the
understanding of CI and help the readers extend the idea of modelling using
a CI approach for many more real-world problems that are impossible to be
compiled in one volume of a text book.
> The Target Audience
> *University, Industry and government organisation researchers interested
in CI
> *Management professionals of information technology staff and industry
> *Other suitably-informed members of the community
> Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
> * Computational learning theory
> * CI applications in computer vision
> * CI applications in manufacturing
> * CI applications in business
> * CI applications in Information retrieval
> * CI applications in biology
> * CI applications in robotics
> * Integrations of neural networks with expert systems
> * Integration of different learning paradigms
(supervised/unsupervised/reinforcement etc.)
> * Integrations of neural networks with fuzzy systems
> * Hybridization of soft computing with other machine learning
techniques:support vector machines, rough sets, Bayesian networks,
probabilistic reasoning, statistical learning
> * Incorporating CI techniques with Web and internet technologies
> * Evolutionary computation
> SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
> Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before June 15,
2006, a 2-5 page manuscript proposal clearly explaining the mission and
concerns of the proposed chapter. Authors of accepted proposals will be
notified by July 10, 2006, about the status of their proposals and sent
chapter organizational guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be
submitted by September 15, 2006. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on
a double-blind review basis. The book is scheduled to be published by Idea
Group Inc., publisher of the Idea Group Publishing, Information Science
Publishing, IRM Press, CyberTech Publishing and Idea Group Reference
imprints.
> Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word document)
or by mail to: