Fw: [Microscopy] University of Sydney postdoc position

Autor: KJ Hübner <hubner_at_IOd.krakow.pl>
Data: Thu 27 Nov 2003 - 07:34:35 MET

> Postdoctoral Fellow
> Australian Key Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis, The University of
Sydney, Australia.
> Reference No. A46/004354
>
> Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Australian Key
Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis to work on the research project,
"Mapping electronic structure and material properties with atomic
resolution". This project will use electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS)
to map the bonding and electronic structure of InGaN quantum wells and other
materials at the atomic scale. We will measure and correlate the local
composition, strain and electronic structure variations within the wells in
order to understand the optical emission in the system. The development of
EELS spectrum imaging tools for the mapping of bonding states in materials
in an important aspect of this project.

> Essential criteria for successful applicants include: a PhD or equivalent
qualifications in a relevant discipline; extensive experience in the
operation of FEG TEM/STEM systems; experience in acquisition of EELS and
EFTEM data; proven research ability; evidence of research potential; and the
ability to work cooperatively with other members of the university
community.

> Experience in ab initio calculations of electronic structure and EELS
spectra, computer programming experience and demonstration and teaching
skills would be desirable.

> The position is full-time fixed term for one year, subject to the
completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. There is
the possibility of further offers of employment for up to twelve months,
subject to funding and need. For further information, contact Dr Vicki J.
Keast on 9351 4534, fax 9351 7682 or e-mail vicki.keast@emu.usyd.edu.au

> Remuneration Package: $60,535 - $64,981 p.a. (which includes a base salary
Level A $51,153 - $54,910 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer's
contribution to superannuation)

> Closing: 18 December 2003
> Applications (five copies) should quote the reference no, address the
selection criteria, and include a CV, a list of publications, the names,
addresses, e-mail, fax and phone number of three confidential referees.

> Forward applications to:
> The Personnel Officer, College of Sciences and Technology, Carslaw
Building, (F07), The University of Sydney, NSW, 2006

----