Jeśli wydajność dysków w XP spadnie po instalacji SP2...

Autor: Michal Kawecki <kkwinto_at_o2.px>
Data: Fri 11 Nov 2005 - 14:30:28 MET

Avid Media Composer Adrenaline Support Center
Very slow Render times since upgrading to Adrenaline 2.1 or higher.

Check for storage. We're tracking a problem where after upgrading to
SP2, render times have doubled when using 160LVD drives (or 320 speed
drives running at 160). This problem can be related to this
explanation/fix from Microsoft:

The slow render issue is a change that Microsoft put into Win XP SP2
relating to write caches and losing data after a power failure. The
change fixes some cache-flushing bugs in the driver and enables this
feature by default (hurting drive write performance). For more
details, see:

You will need to obtain Dskcache.exe tool from Microsoft to enable the
power protected write cache (restoring the drive performance). Here
is the link to the Microsoft page. We pulled one of the win2k hot
fixes to extract this executable currently located at:

Run Dskcache.exe +w +p (enable write cache and power protected write
cache) on all media drives.

You should NOT enable power protected write cache on the system disk!

Once this is done, the render performance returns to SP1 render times.
We have verified on a XW8000 running 2.1.5 and preliminary results
look good.

 *** Unfortunately this fix from Microsoft only works for drives
currently hooked up to the system. When adding new drives are added,
you will need to run through the fix again.

--
M.   [MS-MVP]
/odpowiadając zmień px na pl/