Re: Karta sieciowa w DELL'u

Autor: Piotr Warszynski (ncwarszy_at_cyf-kr.edu.pl)
Data: Fri 19 Jan 2001 - 11:22:56 MET

Andrzej Pięta wrote:

> Witam :-)
> W pracy jestem użytkownikiem komputera DELL OptiPlex GX110, a z
> tym wiążą się pewne problemy. Płyta all-in-one zawiera sterownik karty
> sieciowej 3Com905C (w dosie podaje: family 3C920(3C905c-tx)), i grafikę
> opartą na układzie I810e. Grafika, po zadaniu SDD704 ruszyła. Niestety mam
> problem z kartą sieciową. Pociągnąłem sterowniki od DELL'a - nic to nie
> dało - pociągnąłem od 3Com'a i to samo. Czy ktoś ma jakieś propozycje
> rozwiązania tego provblemu?

W readme Software Choice znalazlem cos takiego

6.5.2 Dell OptiPlex GX110
-------------------------
Customers may experience an error when installing the Convenience
Package on a Dell OptiPlex GX110 with an integrated ethernet adapter.

This system has an integrated 3Com ethernet adapter that appears
to the operating system to be a 3Com Fast Etherlink XL/Etherlink
XL OS/2 adapter. This causes the incorrect device drivers to
be installed(EL90X.OS2 dated 01/24/99 and EL90XIO2.NIF dated
01/09/97) and when the system is restarted the following message
is displayed:

    3Com Fast Etherlink XL/Etherlink XL OS/2 NDIS driver v4.0z
    ERROR: Network adapter not found or not responding.

Updated device drivers are available from the following 3Com
Web site:

    http://support.3com.com

Search for "3C905C" and "3C90XN2.EXE" to locate the panel with
the correct download file, then download the EtherCD v5.2 Disk
2 of 2 for the 3C90X Adapter Family, file named 3C90XN2.EXE.
This is a self-extracting file.

On the diskette created when the file is extracted is a directory
named \ndis2\os2. In that directory is the driver for the 3Com
Fast Etherlink/ Etherlink Family OS/2 adapter. The files are
EL90XIO2.NIF dated 01/09/97 and EL90X.OS2 dated 11/09/99. This
driver will work with the integrated adapter in the Dell OptiPlex
GX110.

Moze to rozwiaze problem.

Pozdrowienia,
Piotr Warszynski

--
Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry,
Polish Academy of Sciences,