Dolozyc MS... da sie.

Autor: Przemysław Pawełczyk (warpman_at_friko5.onet.pl)
Data: Tue 30 Jun 1998 - 18:58:24 MET DST

FORWARD:

>To: OS2-L_at_NIC.SURFNET.NL
>

> >Well, I don't think that will last forever. Some government agency will
> >have to take serious action against them. If it's not this year it will
be
> >the next.

Actually, arguments in the Federal Case will be heard after the Caldera
Case. From what I've seen of the Caldera Case, they've got Microsoft
right
where they want them. If they win the case, then the Government has a
prima facie case from which to argue. Caldera's case has been expanded
include Windows 95. Caldera has developed a TSR, that will allow a
user to
replace Microsoft's DOS with their DR-DOS. The TSR also documents how
Windows 95 still uses DOS calls. It will provide evidence that Windows
95
is an effort to kill competition in the DOS market. It will also show
how
Windows 95 is in direct violation of the consent decree. They intend
release the TSR to the general public after they fix a keyboard bug.

Of all the lawsuits against Microsoft, I think the Caldera suit show's
the
most promise. There are several articles about it on their website.

http://www.caldera.com/news/npr/amend.html.

Curtis

Curtis Maurand
Biddeford, Maine USA
mailto:curtis_at_maurand.com

Przemysław Pawełczyk (Warpman) Freelance journalist
Os. Centrum B 1/89 Tel/fax: +48 12 642-13-00
31-926 Kraków warpman_at_friko5.onet.pl
Poland http://friko5.onet.pl/kr/warpman/