Re: Win7 64 bit 6 GB RAM plik wymiany

Autor: Konrad Kosmowski <konrad_at_kosmosik.net>
Data: Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 21:49:42 MET DST

** Piter <jazz_20@wp.pl> wrote:

> Czy mając Win7 Pro, 64 bit, 6 GB RAM, warto wyłączyć plik wymiany? Zakładam,
> że te 6GB to absolutny max, który potrzebuje. Odczuje jakieś przyśpieszenie?
> A może spowolnienie?

Jak nie wiesz to nie ruszaj. Jak chcesz wiedzieć to poczytaj jak działa
zarządzanie pamięcią w Windows, całkiem fajna seria:

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/07/21/3092070.aspx

I wreszcie tutaj w sekcji "How Big Should I Make the Paging File?":

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/11/17/3155406.aspx

  "Some feel having no paging file results in better performance, but in
  general, having a paging file means Windows can write pages on the modified
  list (which represent pages that aren???t being accessed actively but have not
  been saved to disk) out to the paging file, thus making that memory available
  for more useful purposes (processes or file cache). So while there may be
  some workloads that perform better with no paging file, in general having
  one will mean more usable memory being available to the system (never
  mind that Windows won???t be able to write kernel crash dumps without a
  paging file sized large enough to hold them)."

Ergo: jeżeli nie wiesz jak to działa to ustaw na automat i nie rób za system
tego co on samemu robi dobrze.

--