Re: Czy wirus CODE RED zaatakuje jutro rano ? juz zaatakowal

Autor: martikot_at_promail.pl
Data: Tue 31 Jul 2001 - 21:22:41 MET DST

NAME: IWorm.CodeRed
ALIAS: IWorm.Bady

IWorm.CodeRed is a new worm that spreads through server to server
and makes DDOS attack on US government web sites.

This worm exploits a security hole in Microsoft Internet Information
Server (IIS) to infect the server. This worm can infect only those
systems having Microsoft IIS installed over Windows NT/2000 Server.
Once this worm infects the server it starts to scan for other servers
with simillary vulnerability and infects them. This worm later
initiates a Denial Of Services (DoS) attack against US government web
sites and finally halts or stops all the activities on the Server.

As lot of media attention is given to this worm has created panic among
the general users. We appeal our users not to panic as this virus will
infect only those sysems having Microsoft IIS (server) installed on
Windows NT/2000 Server. Users who are using other Windows platform
like Windows 95/98/ME need not panic. As the virus will not infect
their sytsems.
********
TO PONIZEJ NIE WSZYSCY WIEDZA:
Also users of Windows NT/2000 will also not be affected
if they are not having IIS server installed on it.
********

For more details about this worm please visit
http://www.quickheal.com/codered.htm

If you have any queries please write to support_at_quickheal.com

Thanking you,
Quick Heal Team.

--
Wysłano z serwisu OnetNiusy: http://niusy.onet.pl