Re: Jak zostalem afiliowany do rejestrowania Szkotow ?

Autor: Piotr Szmitkowski (jackal_at_astercity.net)
Data: Mon 09 Apr 2001 - 12:18:33 MET DST

Dariusz wrote:

> > % host -t NS scot.
> > Host not found.
> >
> > Jakie wnioski? =]
>
> When and how can you use a DOT.SCOT?
>
> The DOT.SCOT domain names are currently being
> registered
> for activation in 2002. The DOT.SCOT domain names
> will be
> initially viewed on the Internet by making a slight
> alteration to
> your web browser.

'slight alteration'.. hmm.. czyli inaczej mowiac nie bedzie to ogolnie
dostepna domena, tak? :)
Podpowiem ci. Moge miec .jackal .whatever.. i wymaga to tez tylko
'slight
alteration' :)
A 2002.. coz.. w ciagu roku zbijasz kase na '...', zwijasz interes i
stwierdzasz
ze smutna mina 'coz ICANN sie nie zgodzila', a twoja firma na Kajmanach
rozplywa
sie w oceanie innych sezonowych firm off-shore =]

ps.
Lista rozwazanych nowych domen to: '.aero', '.biz', '.coop', '.info',
'.museum',
'.name','.pro'.. Jakos nie widze tam '.scot' =]

ps2.
FAQ #2: Can I "pre-register" names in the new TLDs?

No one has been authorized to "pre-register" domain names in the new
TLDs.
Persons who attempt to "pre-register" such domain names do so at their
own risk
and with no assurance that they will receive the pre-registered names
once the
TLDs become operational. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
recently issued
a consumer alert warning about "scam artists" offering services along
these lines.
Among other recommendations, the FTC advised consumers to protect
themselves by
"[a]voiding any domain name pre-registration service that asks for
up-front fees,
guarantees particular top level domain names or preferential treatment
in the
assignment of new top level domain names." Please refer to the FTC's
alert for
additional information.

ps3.
Pisze to tylko po to bys nie zrobil jakies glupoty przez swoja
niewiedze.

--
jackal
(:) P.I.G.S. Member