Re: Podsluch wg MSWiA

Autor: Krzysztof Stachlewski (stach_at_obywatel.pl)
Data: Sat 23 Dec 2000 - 16:15:33 MET

"Piotr Roszatycki" <Piotr_Roszatycki_at_internetia.pl> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:38:40 +0100, Jacek D. <koperacja_at_priv4.onet.pl>
wrote:
> >> http://ipsec.pl/ipsec/article/291
> >>
> >(nie mowi sie udostepnilo Polskiej Izba Informatyki
> >ale Polskiej Izbie Informatyki)
> >
> >Nareszcie blizej Europy.
>
> Chyba raczej - Polska Irakiem Europy.

Ależ skądże! Idziemy głównym nurtem!
Może to już nie nowina, ale:

COUNCIL OF EUROPE - New Cyber Crime Treaty Draft

Following months of criticism from industry, security and
privacy experts, the Council of Europe released a new draft of
its international treaty on Cyber crime on October 5.
Unfortunately, they don't appear to have been listening to
anyone, writes David Banisar at SecurityFocus.com (8 October
2000).

Most of the controversial provisions on issues such as security
tools and access to encrypted data are unchanged, or are even
worse than before.

- Countries are required to adopt laws to "compel a service
provider" to either capture content themselves by building in
surveillance capabilities, or to "cooperate and assist"
authorities Carnivore-style.

- "Illegal devices," i.e. hacking programs, are criminalized.

- Countries are required to enact laws that would allow
government agents to force anyone "who has knowledge about the
functioning of the computer system or measures applied to
protect the computer data" to cough up "all necessary data."

- Suspects should be obliged to do the cops' work also and
"process" the data.

David Banisar writes: 'Not content with limiting this
monstrosity to Europe, this draft is no longer limited to
countries in the Council of Europe and countries that
participated in the drafting such as the US and Canada. Now, it
specifically opens the treaty to all countries in the world once
it goes into effect. I wonder if the next draft will have a
death penalty provision
on behalf of the Chinese Government.'

Read on at: http://www.securityfocus.com/commentary/98

Stach