Re: E1 i PRI - co to jest?

Autor: Piotr Kucharski (chopin_at_sgh.waw.pl)
Data: Sun 10 Sep 2000 - 13:29:06 MET DST

Jaroslaw Rafa <raj_at_inf.wsp.krakow.pl> wrote:
>> *P*rimary *R*ate *I*nterface, rodzaj usługi ISDN
> a nie _Premium_ Rate Interface? Mnie sie tak wydawalo...

   In the Integrated Services Digital Network (Integrated Services
   Digital Network), there are two levels of service: the Basic Rate
   Interface (BRI), intended for the home and small enterprise, and the
   Primary Rate Interface (Primary Rate Interface in ISDN), for larger
   users. Both rates include a number of B-channel and a D-channel. The B
   channels carry data, voice, and other services. The D channel carries
   control and signaling information.

   The Basic Rate Interface consists of two 64 Kbps B channels and one 16
   Kbps D channel. Thus, a Basic Rate user can have up to 128 Kbps
   service. The Primary Rate consists of 23 B channels and one 64 Kpbs D
   channel using a T-1 line or 30 B channels and 1 D channel using an E1
   line. Thus, a Primary Rate user on a T-1 line can have up to 1.544
   Mbps service or up to 2.048 Mbps service on an E1 line. PRI uses the
   Q.931 protocol over the D channel.

   The Primary Rate channels are carried on a T-carrier system line (in
   the U.S., Canada, and Japan) or an E-carrier line (in other countries)
   and are typically used by medium to large enterprises. The 23 (or 30)
   B channels can be used flexibly and reassigned when necessary to meet
   special needs such as videoconferences. The Primary Rate user is
   hooked up directly to the telephone company central office.

p.