Re: Jedenaste - nie piratuj

Autor: Jan Rekorajski (jr211_at_students.mimuw.edu.pl)
Data: Wed 03 Jun 1998 - 00:18:25 MET DST

On 2 Jun 1998 08:44:56 +0200, Andrzej Bort <bort_at_silesia.pl> wrote:
>GW, dodatek KiB (Bielsko-Biała, Katowice, Kraków, Nowy Sącz, Tarnów),
>wtorek, 2 czerwca 1998...
>
>Jedenaste - nie piratuj (fragment)
>
>W Peru piractwo komputerowe jest grzechem. Agencja Reuters podała, że
>Kościół Katolicki współpracując tu z Microsoftem stwierdził, że piractwo
>jest nową formą grzechu równą kradzieży. Kadrynał Augusto Vargas, głowa
>peruwiańskiego Kościoła, podpisał z firmą Gatesa porozumienie, dzięki
>któremu parafie będą mogły kupować programy po zniżonej cenie. To pierwsza
>tego typu umowa na świecie.

Hehehe, żeby było śmieszniej:

: [idsoftware.com]
: Welcome to id Software's Finger Service V1.4!
:
: Name: John Cash
: Email: jcash_at_idsoftware.com
: Project: Quake 3
: Last Updated: 05/28/1998 11:11:37 (Central Standard Time)
: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: I made the mistake of trying to check out something on "The Zone"
: tonight. I needed to create an account to play. The form comes up
: and I fill it in...
:
: Member ID: Hellrot
: Password: ****
: Confirm Password: ****
: E-Mail: jcash_at_idsoftware.com
: 18 or younger: False
:
: easy enough. Then I clicked on Continue....
:
: "Member ID is not allowed or is reserved. Please choose another."
:
: Seems Microsoft is trying to protect us from ourselves
: and won't allow any ID with wthe series of letters "hell"
: contained in them. Gee, thanks Bill. I'm not signing
: on to The Zone now. Yeah, I know it's kinda silly, but
: it's my little protest. Funny thing with substring searches:
: "shell" and "hello" are not allowed either. I'm really
: glad I don't have a "bad" name... like "shelly"!
:
: In case anyone at Microsoft cares... "hellrot" is a German
: word. I've been rejected for calling myself "bright red"!
: Maybe I ought to send an email to a reporter from a German
: gaming magazine I met earlier this year. I bet he has no
: idea that his name is politically incorrect (at least in
: Redmond). If you need help with "shell" or "hello"... go
: ask somebody named Shelly ;-)
:
: Flame off...
:
:
:
: A Minor Update:
: Yes, I am positive that it is rejecting anything with hell in it
: (or a few other words I'd bet) and it's not that the IDs I tried
: were taken. I tried a bunch of others to test that idea. Things
: like "asdfhellasdf", "hell346746783", etc... Anything with hell
: in it was rejected.
:
: As a few people pointed out... this is from the company that
: published Hellbender!
:
: Oh yeah... "Gee, thanks Bill." was purely sarcastic. I don't think
: Gates called up the Zone dudes and said "hey, ban names with bad
: word in 'em" 8-)
:
: John Cash
: jcash_at_idsoftware.com
: "Hellrot"

Bill się stara jak może :)

Janek

--
Jan Rękorajski | Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a