Re: A ja o serwerach HTTP...

Autor: Piotr Karocki (yskarock_at_cyf-kr.edu.pl)
Data: Tue 07 May 1996 - 09:22:16 MET DST

Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
> Commerce server jest bezplatny dla EDU???? 8-o Na ich stronie WWW bylo
> przynajmniej do niedawna napisane co innego...
i dalej jest co innego :)
a dokladnie, to w WWW jest napisane, ze dwa najprostsze servery (nie pamietam, jakie) sa za darmo, a
jesli chodzi o reszte, trzeba sie porozumiec z Netscape.
Wiec sie porozumialem i otrzymalem odpowiedz:

Hi Piotr,

Thank you for your interest in Netscape Communications. Educational
Institutions who qualify may obtain and use Netscape Navigator, Commerce
Server and Communications Server as well as many other products
at no charge within the specified guidelines. These products are obtained via
download and do not include media, documentation or technical support.

Educational Institutions may also benefit from special Educational pricing
Netscape has made available for them. These products do include media,
documentation,
and free installation and configuration support.

Educational Qualifications are listed at the bottom of the email.
**Product Pricing for those wanting media and documentation

Personal Edition = $19.00
Power Pak = $19
Chat = $24.95
Navigator = $19
Netscape Navigator Gold = $39
Communications Server = $55
Fast Track Server = $55
Fast Track Server with Gold = $95
Commerce Server = $195
Enterprise Server = $195
Enterprise Server with Live Wire = $295
LiveWire = $55
LiveWire Pro = $145
Mail Server = $195
News Server = $195
Proxy Server = $195
SuiteSpot = $795

These prices DO include media and documentation. Servers include free
installation and configuration technical support. One year support contract
(for all servers except SuiteSpot) is at standard end user price:
         Standard Support = $399
         Premium Support: $599

**Product Pricing for those not wanting media or documentation

Navigator = Free
Navigator Gold = Free
Communications server = Free
Fast Track Server = Free
Fast Track Server with Gold = Free
Commerce = Free
Enterprise Server = Free
Enterprise Server with Live Wire = Free
LiveWire = Free
LiveWire Pro = Free
Mail Server = Free
News Server = Free
Proxy Server = Free
SuiteSpot = N/A

These prices DO NOT include media, documentation or technical support.
Support is at standard end user price.
To view our Educational Program License Agreement please go to:
http://home.mcom.com/comprod/server_central/edu_license.html
-***TO DOWNLOAD NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR

You may use either the current version or beta version of the Navigator.
To obtain either copy click the Netscape Now button and follow the
instructions. If you choose to download the current version it will not
expire. If you choose to download the beta version it will expire, but
you may download it again free of charge or switch over to the
officially released version.

The license is NOT platform specific. Navigator and/or Navigator Gold
for Macintosh, Windows, or UNIX may all be obtained from downloading the
appropriate copy from the Internet. (Gold not yet available for Mac or
UNIX) *To find out how to FTP Navigator you may send a blank email to
"ftp_at_netscape.com" and you will receive an automated response providing you
the ftp information.

***TO DISTRIBUTE NAVIGATOR:

Educational Institutions are licensed to put Navigator and/or Navigator Gold
on individual desktops, reproduce on media, or put on a server that is not
accessable to the public. If you plan on distributing the Navigator
you will need to sign Netscape's Educational Right to Copy Agreement.
Please let me know if you need me to fax you this agreement.

**Software Distribution Guidelines
If you are interested in distributing the software to your students,
faculty members, and administrators, you must execute an Educational
Right to Copy Agreement, a copy of which can be obtained from me. Upon
receipt of the agreement, please have an authorized individual sign and
return the agreement. Once the completed agreement is returned to me,
you may download, distribute, and use the software according to the-
licensing agreement.

-----Please include a fax number with your request for an Educational
Right to Copy Agreement.-----

**Single User Guidelines
If you do not intend to distribute the software, you may go to our
homepage located at: "http://home.netscape.com" to download your free
Navigator and server software.

**Navigator Downloading Difficulties
If you are having difficulties downloading Netscape Navigator please
send e-mail to "edu-drive_at_netscape.com" or "ftp_at_netscape.com"

***TO DOWNLOAD NETSCAPE SERVER PRODUCTS:

SITE: http://home.netscape.com/cgi-bin/123server.cgi

Using the pull-down menus, select the appropriate product, operating
system, and compression type. (Not all products are available in all
configurations.) Click to continue.

If you have chosen Netscape Communications, Commerce, Mail, Proxy, or News
Servers, you will be presented with a test drive application form. Fill out
the form and submit it with your email address. When we receive your form,
we will immediately send you email with the URL and password for
downloading the server software of your choice. You are entitled to use the
software free of charge .You can purchase the Netscape Server you have
downloaded
by contacting "edunfp_at_netscap.com"

If you are using the downloaded Server Software it will not expire.
If you do run into difficulties downloading the server software you may
send e-mail to test-drive_at_netscape.com.

*****Qualifications: Educational Institution
We offer the Netscape Navigator and our Communication and Commerce
servers free of charge to all students - from kindergartners to graduate
students; faculty and staff at K-12, colleges, and universities and
employees of charitable nonprofit institutions and public libraries.

According to our educational / non-profit guidelines, we define
educational institutions as a grammar school, junior high school, high
school, junior college, college, university or public library.
Educational institutions must be accredited and issue degrees such as
two-year A.A. or four-year B.S. to qualify for free software. If you are
involve or part of a hospital you must be clearly and directly
affiliated with a university. Work experience or classes must go
towards class credit or a degree. The granting of Educational Status
will only extend to specific work or projects that are directly
connected with the university and the education process.

Government agencies do not fall within the description above for
purposes of this license agreement.

If you do not fit within the description above, a license fee is due to
Netscape and no free license is granted; Netscape reserves the right to
make the final determination of eligibility.

If you are using the Software free of charge, you will not be entitled
to support or telephone assistance.

Thank you,

Melissa Attard
Education / Non-Profit Sales Representative
Netscape Communications Corporation

----
Piotr Karocki,
mirror maintainer,