Re: Prosba o pomoc w utworzeniu koncentratora poczty

Autor: Lech Szychowski (lech7_at_pse.pl)
Data: Fri 12 Jan 1996 - 17:16:20 MET

Jan Zienkiewicz (janz_at_petex1.petex.bielsko.pl) wrote:

: Nalezy uruchomic/skonfigurowac UUCP i skonfigurawac sendmail
[...]
: Mile widziane informacje o tekstach jasno wyjasniajacych ten problem

Zajrzyj na http://www.ora.com/gnn/bus/ora/catalog/index.html;

Chodzi dokladnie o 2 tytuly:

Managing UUCP and Usenet

By Grace Todino & Tim O'Reilly
10th Edition January 1992
ISBN: 0-937175-93-5, Order Number: 935
368 pages, $27.95

For all its widespread use, UUCP is one of the most difficult UNIX utilities
to master. Poor documentation, cryptic messages, and differences between
various implementations make setting up UUCP links a nightmare for many a
system administrator.

This handbook is meant for system administrators who want to install and
manage the UUCP and Usenet software. It covers HoneyDanBer UUCP as well as
standard Version 2 UUCP, with special notes on Xenix. As one reader noted
over the Net, "Don't even TRY to install UUCP without it!"

Topics covered in Managing UUCP include:

   * How UUCP works.
   * RS-232 cabling.
   * Talking with modems.
   * Setting up a UUCP link.
   * Security considerations.
   * UUCP administration.
   * Introduction to Usenet.
   * Installing Netnews.
   * Administering Netnews.
   * Working files.

The tenth edition of this classic work has been revised and expanded to
include descriptions of:

   * How to use NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) to transfer Usenet
     news over TCP/IP and other high-speed networks.
   * How to get DOS versions of UUCP.
   * How to set up DOS-based laptop computers as traveling UUCP nodes.
   * How the UUCP 'g' protocol works.

sendmail

By Bryan Costales, with Eric Allman & Neil Rickert
1st Edition November 1993
ISBN: 1-56592-056-2, Order Number: 0562
830 pages, $32.95

This Nutshell Handbook(R) is far and away the most comprehensive book ever
written on sendmail, the program that acts like a traffic cop in routing and
delivering mail on UNIX-based networks. Although sendmail is used on almost
every UNIX system, it's one of the last great uncharted territories--and
most difficult utilities to learn-- in UNIX system administration.

This book provides a complete sendmail tutorial, plus extensive reference
material on every aspect of the program. What's more, it's authoritative,
having been co-authored by Eric Allman, the developer of sendmail, and Neil
Rickert, one of the leading sendmail gurus on the Net.

This book covers both IDA sendmail and the latest version (V8) from the
University of California, Berkeley. It also covers the standard versions
available on most systems, such as those found on Sun and DEC/Ultrix
workstations.

The book is divided into four parts. Part One is a tutorial on understanding
sendmail from the ground up; starting from an empty file, it has the reader
work through exercises, building a configuration file and testing the
results. Part Two covers practical issues in sendmail administration. Part
Three is a comprehensive reference section, while Part Four consists of
appendices and a bibliography.

Moze Ci sie wydac dziwne, ze odsylam Cie do rzeczy, na ktore trzeba
wydac forse, zamiast do czegos dostepnego przez siec - ale IMHO takie
rzeczy warto miec w formie ksiazkowej, a w/w pozycje warte sa swojej
ceny (jak zreszta znakomita wiekszosc publlikacji O'Reilly'ego z tej
serii); jako firmie komercyjnie zwiazanej z Internetem przydadza sie
wam na pewno nie raz i nie dwa...

--
	Leszek.