Re: nie wykrywa całego ramu...

Autor: DooMiniK <bachus_at_bachus>
Data: Sat 03 Dec 2011 - 18:48:37 MET

On 03/12/2011 15:50, Radosław Sokół wrote:
> W dniu 03.12.2011 16:02, DooMiniK pisze:
>> http://ark.intel.com/products/chipsets/22211
>> Wg. spec. 4GB
>
> Super. I ja też piszę wyraźnie, że obsłuży. Tylko że część
> przykryje urządzeniami PCI i będzie "obsługiwana" co prawda,
> ale *niedostępna* dla systemu operacyjnego. Teraz dostatecz-
> nie jasno się wyraziłem? :)

Nie irytuj się Radku, nie daj dusić i podaj źródło, poważnie pytam.
Daj proszę punt odniesienia.

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/307502.pdf

Strona 205 i 2011 o adresowaniu.

The (G)MCH provides a maximum main memory address decode space of 4 GB
(2 GB for th 82945GC/82945GZ /82945PL).
The (G)MCH does not remap APIC or PCI Express memory space. This means
that as the amount of physical memory populated in the system reaches
4 G(2 GB for the 82945GC/82945GZ/82945PL), there will be physical
memory that exists yet is not addressable and therefore unusable by the
system.

-------
Addressing of memory ranges larger than 4 GB (2 GB for 82945GC/82945GZ
/82945PL) is not supported. The HREQ[4:3] FSB pins are decoded to
determine whether the access is above or below 4 GB (2 GB for
82945GC/82945GZ/82945PL).

The (G)MCH does not support the PCI Dual Address Cycle (DAC) mechanism,
PCI Express 64-bit prefetchable memory transactions, or any other
addressing mechanism that allows addressing of greater than 4 GB (2 GB
for 82945GC/82945GZ/82945PL) on either the DMI or PCI Express
interface. The (G)MCH does not limit system memory space in hardware.
There is no hardware lock to prevent someone from inserting more memory
than is addressable.

--
Dominik Siedlak (bachus)
bachus(at)post(dot)peel