Re: bad sectory - jaki program najlepszy?

Autor: Michal Kawecki <kkwinto_at_o2.px>
Data: Fri 07 Sep 2007 - 06:54:04 MET DST

Dnia Thu, 6 Sep 2007 23:32:24 +0200, Mikolaj Tutak napisał(a):

> Michal Kawecki wrote:
>
>> Uszkodzenie logiczne sektora to np. zła suma kontrolna. Zerowanie
>> sektora zapisze poprawną wartość CRC i sektor wraca do życia. Tak
>> działają wszystkie programy typu HDD Regenerator bądź MHDD, jak
>> również programy narzędziowe producenta dysku wykonujące tzw.
>> zerowanie powierzchni.
>> Sektorów uszkodzonych mechanicznie oczywiście naprawić się nie da.
>
> Troche to bardziej jest skomplikowane, bo dyski na swoje potrzeby maja
> zapisane dodatkowe kody ECC i to wlasnie na tej podstawie oceniaja czy
> sektor nadaje siÄ™ uzywania czy tylko do relokacji. I wlasnie dzieki ECC
> mozliwa jest (czasem ;-)relokacja sektora który jeszcze daje się jakoś
> przeczytać. I nijak to się ma do błędów systemu plików. Tak czy innaczej
> zerowanie dysku twórcy wątku powinno pomóc, ale najpierw niech pokaze wyniki
> SMARTA.

No mniej więcej o to w tym chodzi. Tak więc jeśli SMART nie wykaże
realokowanych sektorów, a mimo to występują błędy odczytu typu
"Uncorrectable ECC/CRC errors", to wyzerowanie powierzchni dysku powinno
tu pomóc.

Może zacytuję fragment manuala z programu MHDD:

"How MHDD scan works:

    1. MHDD sends VERIFY SECTORS command with LBA number and
       number of sectors to verify as parameters
    2. DRIVE raises BUSY flag
    3. MHDD starts timer
    4. After drive executes VERIFY command, it drops BUSY flag
    5. MHDD counts the time and puts corresponding block
       on the screen. If error occures MHDD prints corresponding
       letter which describes the error.

MHDD repeats steps 1—5 till the end sector. If you need the log of scan
please check out log/mhdd.log file — everything is there.

If your drive has errors, first thing to do is to make full back up.
Then you have to run ERASE command which erases every sector on your
drive, and drive recalculates ECC fields of each sector. This helps to
get rid of «software bad blocks». If that do not help, you have to run
SCAN with REMAP option switched on.

If you see all blocks as errors, do not try to erase or remap sectors on
your drive. You deal with service-area error which cannot be fixed by
standard MHDD commands. If you need your data — the best option is to
use a data recovery company."

> PS: nadal uważam ,ze badsector nie jest uszkodzeniem logicznym tylko
> fizycznym i ze nie ma badsectorów logicznych...

Kwestia umownego nazewnictwa. A tak BTW to jest nawet na rynku programik
o nazwie "Disk Repair - Bad Sector Removal Software", gdzie w papce
marketingowej piszÄ… tak :-):

"Disk Repair is a logical bad sector removal and repair software that
removes the logical bad sectors and repairs "Track 0 Bad Disks". Bad
sectors are a major problem in hard disks, which are found to be mainly
logical in nature. Computer companies usually have to replace the hard
disk. Most often bad sectors spread and corrupt Track 0 of the disk due
to which it doesn't get formatted, O/S doesn't get installed or copying
data gives error.

Logical bad sectors are irregularities on the magnetic media formed due
to extensive read write operations, sudden voltage surges, certain
viruses, corruption's in boot records etc. Disk Repair is a hard disk
utility that repairs the logically formed bad sectors. Disk Repair
realigns the magnetic orientation to make each byte read and write able
and hence perform the easy hard disk space recovery. The software is
simple to use and is helpful in many instances of disk problems."

--
M.   [Windows - Shell/User MVP]
/odpowiadając na priv zmień px na pl/