G800 :)

Autor: Tomasz Matusiewicz (tomek_at_rhc.dhs.org)
Data: Sun 06 May 2001 - 19:32:53 MET DST

Matrox Drivers Hacked!
As we know a Matrox representative recently stated...

About G800 and G550, I would like to reinstate a truth that has been
twisted by numerous web sites. The "G800" is purely an invention of web
sites speculating on the functionalities and the name of the next
Matrox graphic cards.

Browsing through the new WHQL drivers the following entries were found:

in Win2k setup.exe there are - Matrox F800 - Matrox G800 - Matrox F450
and in W98 driver's G400.drv is - Matrox G800

Now obviously given the statement above that the G800 was nothing more
than an invention of web sites it is clear that the drivers have been
hacked by a rogue website who have then reuploaded the drivers onto the
Matrox server. This is absolutely scandalous, is nothing sacred? I call
upon the community to do their duty and help track down the culprits
and turn them into Matrox ;o)