Odp: Napster tylko do piatku !!!

Autor: Bartek 'PopeCorn' Ferster (STOPSPAM_popecorn_at_poczta.wp.pl)
Data: Fri 28 Jul 2000 - 00:26:19 MET DST

Użytkownik Andre <andre_at_kr.onet.pl> w wiadomości do grup dyskusyjnych
napisał:3980a7b4$1_at_news.vogel.pl...
> W piatek po północy przestanie istnieć serwer znanego nam programu
> Napster. Powod? Ingerencja różnych firm na tle piractwa.

za pozno... juz padl :(
a ponizej mini-poradnik dla tych, ktorzy maja pirackie MP3jki i nie chca
lamac hamerykanskiego prawa... nie masz praw, musisz zwrocic utwor. jak?
mejlem do RIAA :)))
post z alt.music.mp3.napster

===
Those of us who have mp3's obtained by RIAA-unapproved methods
(particularly Napster/Gnapster/Gnutella/IRC/... should of course be
conscientious and send them back to their rightful owners, the RIAA.

One could send them via e-mail -- I happen to think their "piracy
reporting" email address at cdreward_at_riaa.com is quite appropriate,
since this /was/ piracy we were engaged in, after all (the RIAA says
so, so they must agree with that at least).

This will clog up their servers and e-mail for a couple of years... but
at least we are doing the right thing and sending the RIAA their mp3's
back to them.

One could send them on disc (floppy/zip/cd/hard disc) via the regular
post, their mailing address of course being:

RIAA
1330 Connecticut Avenue N.W., Suite 300
Washington, D.C. 20036

Of course, it might even be wise to call them up and tell them you
need to know where to send your mp3's so they can have their music
back. I'm sure there's a more than helpful operator there who'd
like to answer your questions at:

(202) 775-0101

Of course should that phone line somehow become busy with concerned
music fans doing the right thing, you could always send them a fax at:

(202) 775-7253

----
----
I called the RIAA to ask them how to return my mp3's and got a very nice
lady on the phone.
I told her that I had mp3's I needed to return to the RIAA.  She was
quite nice and didn't seem at all surprised about this.  She had me
hold while she found someone for me to talk to.  Unfortunately I got
forwarded to a voice mail box for their piracy department and was
forced to leave a message about my need to return my mp3's.
I wish there was a way to leave their mp3's in the voicemail box.
I really feel bad about all this pirating and I really want to return
the
mp3's to the RIAA.  Guess I will just have to send them as attachments
to their e-mail address...  cdreward_at_riaa.com
----
----
Of course just in case the main RIAA e-mail address does not work, it
might
be advisable to return your Mp3 files to individuals at the RIAA.
Actually
you might want to go ahead and send all your MP3 files to all of these
individuals just to be on the safe side.  That way we will no for sure
that
the RIAA has gotten all of their MP3 files returned to them safe and
sound!
hrosen_at_riaa.com
sdonofrio_at_riaa.com
fcreighton_at_riaa.com