V3/G400/TNT2 a DVD

Autor: Nightmare (za29170_at_capella.ae.poznan.pl)
Data: Tue 22 Jun 1999 - 13:25:56 MET DST

Przegladalem sobie FAQ o DVD na zachodniej stronie i patrzcie jakie
ciekawostki znalazlem!
Komentarz zbedny.
Pozdrowienia,
Nightmare

What is the best Software DVD Player for my Voodoo 3, TNT 2 or G400 based
card?

None. Really, none!

You see, all these cards have what is called 'Hyped DVD Acceleration'. As a
part of their marketing hype, these cards hype the very old MPEG-1
acceleration as DVD acceleration which in fact, is something that most cards
already implemented back in 1995.

All the Software DVD players support this, so you just as well go over and
read the
'What is the best Software DVD Player?' question.

How can i remove MacroVision from my Voodoo 3, TNT2 card?

You can't, only through an external MacroVision stripping box (don't ask me
where to get one, I don't have a clue).

Not only that, but each TNT2 model requires it's own 'hack' as they use
don't necessarily use the same video chip for T.V. output.