Re: drapli skurczybyka !!!

Autor: [hk] (nobody_at_nowhere.com)
Data: Sat 01 May 1999 - 02:39:30 MET DST

> Maciek B. schrieb in Nachricht ...
>> Nie wiem czy słyszeliśćie, ale drapli skur...... który stworzył
>> Win.Cih'a.
> Szkoda ...mogl nas tyle nauczyc .... jak zachowac bezpieczenstwo :)))

hmm... zastanawiajace.
poszukalem na www.news.com
i oto co tam pisza:

     Taiwan hacker admits creating CIH virus
     By Reuters
     Special to CNET News.com
     April 30, 1999, 5:15 a.m. PT

     update TAIPEI, Taiwan--Investigators said today a Taiwan hacker
admitted creating the Chernobyl, or CIH, virus that ravaged
     computers worldwide but said a lack of any local plaintiffs made it
difficult to charge him.

     Police said Chen Ing-hau, a 24-year-old information engineer now
serving mandatory military service, was questioned but not charged and the
probe
     hinged on finding victims.

     "He's not a criminal here as long as no one registers a complaint," a
Taipei police spokeswoman said. "All we know about problems with the virus
is
     what we've seen in foreign news reports."

     Chen's rogue program hit hardest in countries with weak antivirus
defenses, gumming up hundreds of thousands of computers in South Korea,
Turkey,
     China, India, Bangladesh, and elsewhere.

     Police said no infections had been reported in Taiwan. Chen was
questioned on suspicion of intentionally spreading a computer virus, a crime
that
     carries a possible three-year prison term, and could be charged if
victims come forth.

     A bashful Chen, in brief comments after he was released, expressed
remorse and offered to help victims remove the virus from their computers.
     Authorities said Chen created the virus while studying at Tatung
Institute of Technology, which had disciplined him a year ago after learning
about the
     computer program, and did not pursue the matter further with
authorities.

     Dubbed Chernobyl because it strikes on anniversaries of the April 26,
1986, Soviet nuclear disaster, the virus is known to experts as CIH--which
Chen
     acknowledged were his initials. Chernobyl and other CIH variants are
among the most damaging viruses of recent years, less widespread than the
e-mail
     replicator virus "Melissa" that swamped Internet servers around the
world in April but far more vicious.

     Western virus experts first traced Chernobyl/CIH to Taiwan in June 1998
and said it had spread worldwide via the Internet and other networks within
     week.

     Chernobyl's virulence and Taiwan's seemingly lenient handling of its
author have kindled a debate about how the world should combat viruses. In
the
     United States, where the Melissa virus's spewing of duplicate e-mail
messages forced many firms to shut down their overtaxed computer networks,
     alleged author David Smith faces the possibility of 40 years in prison
if convicted.

     Story Copyright Š 1999 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.