HELP: Monitor Color problems

Autor: mmem_at_usa.net
Data: Fri 18 Dec 1998 - 18:08:58 MET

Hi

I just bought a new CTX 21" EX1200 ( the top of the line ) , it's really

nice and sharp and clear , but I only saw it under windows98 and

I am having colour problem , I can't get the colours to like other

displays , specialy and most notably , the standard green backgroud

of the windows desktop is too bright , I tried playing with the brighness

and contrast and the K's of the color ( 6300K ... ) and I can get it to

be the right shade of green without hurting the clearity and visablity

of the other screen elements.

the only time I got it to look more or less good is by adjusting the gamma

controls of my ATI All-In-Wonder Pro AGP video card and reduced the standard

1.0 setting to 0.85 , this produced the desired colour without hurting

other elements , but IMHO this should be done only if you have an old and

poor monitor and not the best one CTX can offer in 1998 ! , am I wrong ?

the Monitor installation program installed an CTX ICM or ICC? color managment

profile file , so maybe this is the problem ?

any one , any ideas ? please , I really like this monitor other than these

problems !!

Thanks